Bones, drivers license, shoes found near Steve Fossett’’s crash siteOctober 31st, 2008 - 2:43 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 31 (ANI): Two bones and a driver’’s license with Steve Fossett’’s name have been found near the crash site of missing adventurer Steve Fossett’’s plane in California’’s rugged Sierra Nevada mountains.
The team also found the aviator’’s tennis shoes as well as credit cards, authorities have confirmed.
The finding was made on October 29 about half a mile east of the crash site, near the town of Mammoth Lakes.
The remains have been sent for tests to a Department of Justice laboratory.
The shoes and driver’’s licence had animal bite marks on them, said Madera Country Sheriff John Anderson.
“This reinforces our theory that animals dragged him away,” Times Online quoted him, as saying.
Previous bone fragments discovered near the wreckage Mr Fossett’’s Bellanca aircraft earlier this month were found to be either not human or too small for DNA tests.
Fossett disappeared in September 2007 after taking off for what was supposed to be a short pleasure flight in his single engine aircraft from the hotel magnate Barron Hilton’’s Flying M ranch. Mammoth Lakes, a popular skiing resort, is just 80 miles away, on the eastern flank of Sierra Nevada. (ANI)
- Human remains found in Steve Fossett''s plane wreckage - Oct 03, 2008
- DNA tests on bones confirm Steve Fossetts death - Nov 04, 2008
- Search team find plane believed to be of Steve Fossett - Oct 02, 2008
- Strong wind might be behind US millionaire Steve Fossett plane crash - Jul 10, 2009
- Steve Fossetts death was instant, say officials - Oct 04, 2008
- Steve Fossett ''may have faked his own death'' - Jul 28, 2008
- Bone fragment may not be enough to identify Steve Fossett - Oct 06, 2008
- Adventurer Steve Fossetts belongings possibly found in US deserts - Oct 02, 2008
- Steve Fossett''s widow hopes for final closure of painful chapter in her life - Oct 03, 2008
- Plane with 127 on board crashes in Pakistan, no survivors (Night Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Scientists excited about mammoth discovery in Iowa - Jun 07, 2012
- Ice age graveyard reveals ancient mysteries - Jan 24, 2011
- Woolly mammoth to be brought back to life in five years - Dec 04, 2011
- Steve Fossett makes up his death story!!! - Oct 02, 2008
- Plane crashes during Reno air show; at least 2 dead, 62 injured - Sep 17, 2011
Tags: adventurer steve fossett, animal bite, barron hilton, bone fragments, crash site, dna tests, drivers license, eastern flank, engine aircraft, flying m ranch, john anderson, magnate, mammoth lakes, missing adventurer steve fossett, mr fossett, rugged sierra, sheriff john, sierra nevada, sierra nevada mountains, tennis shoes