Bomb fear creates panic at Bokaro railway stationMarch 4th, 2009 - 11:32 pm ICT by IANS
Bokaro, March 4 (IANS) A bomb fear at Jharkhand’s Bokaro railway station Wednesday created panic among passengers as people thought an unclaimed cylinder-like object in a train was an explosive, the police said.
When the Baidyanathdham-Hatia Express train reached platform number one at the station some passengers raised an alarm after spotting a suspicious cylinder in the general compartment, B.N Mandel, area railway manager of Bokaro, told reporters.
The train was coming from Baidyanathdham (Deoghar) and going to Hatia. Chaos prevailed when the news of a suspected bomb on the train spread among passengers. People waiting for the train ran helter-skelter, but no one was injured in the incident.
Bokaro Superintendent of Police Laxman Singh soon arrived at the scene with a bomb disposal squad and personnel of the Railway Protection Force, Mandel said. They recovered the cylinder-like object that seemed like a refrigerator compressor, he added.
–Indo-Asian news Service
- Shock, horror for bloodied train accident survivors - Jul 19, 2010
- He heard deafening sound, then building rattled - Jul 13, 2011
- 20 kg of gold bars found on Paris train - Jan 03, 2012
- Refrigerator compressor explodes in Mumbai local train, no casualties - May 19, 2010
- Chiranjeevi, Naidu blame railway's negligence for disaster - Jul 30, 2012
- Ex-legislator's son shot dead by relative - Feb 12, 2011
- 35 killed as Tamil Nadu Express catches fire (Second Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Five killed as train catches fire in Andhra Pradesh (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Maoists blast tracks, torch vehicles, in Jharkhand - Dec 04, 2011
- Security alert after Jaish threat to blow up trains - Jun 14, 2010
- No night trains in Maoist-affected areas till Aug 11 - Aug 06, 2010
- Five killed in road, rail accidents - Jun 15, 2011
- 35 burnt alive as Tamil Nadu Express catches fire (Third Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Security intensified in Delhi railway stations - Jun 17, 2011
- Bomb scare in Delhi Metro train - Aug 28, 2009
Tags: asian news, bomb disposal squad, chaos, deoghar, express train, fear, indo, jharkhand, laxman, Mandel, mv, news service, railway manager, railway station, refrigerator compressor, superintendent