Bomb defused near Jammu (Lead)June 28th, 2012 - 2:19 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, June 28 (IANS) The police in Jammu and Kashmir Thursday detected and defused a timebomb in a briefcase near a petrol pump in the Ranbir Singh Pura area, west of Jammu.
According to police, some people saw an abandoned brief case lying near a petrol pump in R.S. Pora area, about 25 km west of Jammu. They informed the police immediately.
The police cordoned off the area and called the bomb disposal squad, who found a bomb fitted with a timer.
An officer said: “The bomb has been diffused and the timely detection has averted a major tragedy as a petrol pump was nearby.”
Security across the state is in high alert in view of annual Hindu pilgrimage to Amarnath Shrine in Kashmir.
- Bomb diffused near Jammu - Jun 28, 2012
- Amarnath Yatra: 300 Hindu activists detained in Jammu - Jun 03, 2012
- Bomb on Amarnath route defused in Kashmir - Jun 22, 2009
- Bad weather suspends Amarnath pilgrimage - Jul 01, 2011
- Ahead of Amarnath pilgrimage, Kashmir secures routes - Jun 06, 2011
- IED found in Srinagar, defused - Oct 18, 2010
- IED detected in Srinagar, defused (Lead) - Oct 18, 2010
- LeT car-bomber module busted in Srinagar - Jun 14, 2012
- CRPF troopers defuse bomb on Jammu-Srinagar highway - Jul 12, 2012
- Powerful explosive device found in Srinagar - Jun 30, 2011
- Explosive-laden car detected in Srinagar - May 17, 2012
- Bad weather hampering efforts to clear Amarnath route - May 27, 2012
- BJP raps government on Amarnath Yatra decision - May 16, 2012
- Amarnath pilgrimage unlikely to start June 29 - Jun 17, 2011
- IED defused on Batote-Kishtawar Highway in Jammu and Kashmir - Apr 20, 2010