Bomb blast in Jyoti Kuchi at GuwahatiMarch 31st, 2009 - 7:48 pm ICT by admin
Reports are coming in of a Bomb blast in Jyoti Kuchi in Guwahati. Current toll figures are estimated to be 1 killed and 10 injured.
The bomb was reportedly mounted on a motorbike.
The blast was at a site where Minister for External Affairs of India Pranab Mukherjee was supposed to address a rally.
Yesterday, Pranab gave a press conference speaking strongly against terrorism. “We are deeply shocked to learn about the incident at the Police Academy in Lahore. Once again it proves that terrorism is the biggest menace to the world peace and tranquillity. Unfortunately, the whole region has become the victim of senseless violence of the perpetrators of terrorism. We express our deep condolence to the trainees who lost their lives and also to the security and police personnel who lost their lives in fighting against terrorists,” Mukherjee said on the sidelines of election campaign at Jangipur on Monday.
- Pranab Mukherjee terms terrorism as biggest threat - Mar 31, 2009
- One killed, four injured in Assam blast - Mar 31, 2009
- One killed, 15 feared injured in Assam blast - Mar 31, 2009
- Indian Americans criticise government for Mumbai blasts - Jul 14, 2011
- Tibetans are close to Norwegians: Dalai Lama - Jul 24, 2011
- PM, Sonia visit injured in Mumbai hospitals (Lead)(With Image) - Jul 15, 2011
- 'Indian government a bunch of softies' (Lead) - Jul 14, 2011
- US offers assistance to investigate Varanasi blast - Dec 08, 2010
- Delhi blast: World rallies to India's support (Roundup) - Sep 07, 2011
- Delhi bombing act of senseless violence: Australia - Sep 07, 2011
- Congress draft political resolution targets RSS link to Hindu terror groups - Dec 19, 2010
- 'US shoulder-to-shoulder with India against terror' - Sep 07, 2011
- Mumbai terror: World leaders rally in solidarity (Roundup) - Jul 14, 2011
- NATO secretary general condemns Mumbai attacks - Jul 15, 2011
- Obama rings Manmohan Singh, condemns Pune attack - Feb 18, 2010
Tags: bomb blast, condolence, election campaign, external affairs, India, kuchi, lahore, motorbike, perpetrators, police academy, pranab mukherjee, rally, senseless violence, sidelines, terrorism, terrorists, trainees, tranquillity, world peace