Bomb blast in Assam, 10 injuredSeptember 20th, 2008 - 10:55 pm ICT by ANI
Guwahati, Sept 20 (ANI): At least ten people were injured in a powerful blast near the historic amphitheatre ”Rangghar” in the Sibsagar District of Assam today.
According to police, the bomb went off at around 6.45 pm at a traffic point called the Rangghar Chariali, about 50 metres from a camp of army’’s 316 field regiment.
The injured have been admitted to the civil hospital.
”Anti-talk” ULFA group is suspected to behind the blast.
It took place on the eve of a peace rally being organised by ULFA’’s pro-talk ”A” and ”C” companies of 28 battalion on Sunday.
Senior police and civil officials have rushed to the spot. (ANI)
- 12 injured in Assam blast (Lead) - Sep 06, 2012
- Centre alerts Assam ahead of ULFA raising day (Lead) - Apr 04, 2012
- ULFA attack on Congress office injures three (Second Lead) - Mar 14, 2011
- Four injured in blast at Congress office; four BSF men killed (Roundup) - Mar 15, 2011
- Three injured in Assam grenade blast - Sep 11, 2012
- Peaceniks counter ULFA with volleyball - Apr 06, 2012
- Five injured in blast at Congress office; 8 BSF men killed (Intro Roundup) - Mar 15, 2011
- Five injured in Assam blast - Sep 06, 2012
- Ulfa cadre killed in Assam - Apr 08, 2012
- Grenade blast on Assam-Arunachal border - Apr 12, 2012
- Five anti-talk ULFA cadres nabbed - Apr 21, 2012
- 700 militants surrender arms in Assam (Lead) - Jan 24, 2012
- Guwahati blast: 50 detained, ULFA claims responsibility - Sep 09, 2012
- Assam remains largely peaceful on ULFA raising day (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Assam on alert after militant strikes (Lead) - Mar 15, 2011