Bollywood film stars wish Happy New Year to fans across the worldJanuary 1st, 2009 - 5:15 pm ICT by ANI
By Parihas Hate
Mumbai, Jan.1 (ANI): As a large number of people across the country celebrated the New Year by merry making with friends and families in the night, Bollywood stars opted to send their warm new year greetings to their millions of fans across the world.
Bollywood actors Ameesha Patel of Kaho Na Pyar Hai fame, said: “I just want to wish you a very-very Happy New Year. Let’’s keep the spirit of India alive, let’’s keep the spirit of Mumbai alive, we are strong people, nothing is going to break us, every little thing is going to make us, thank you and Happy New Year.”
Wishing for a prosperous and fun filled year ahead, former Miss World and actor Diana Hayden of Big Boss fame, said, “I would like to wish everybody a very-very happy, prosperous, and joyful new year full with laughter, fun and lot of love.”
Vidya Balan of Parineeta and Lage Raho Munna Bhai fame, said: “Hi, this is Vidya Balan, wishing all viewers merry Christmas and a very-very happy and peaceful 2009,” said Balan.
Fashion model and Bollywood actor Arjun Rampal also gave his warm wishes for the people, “Hi, this is Arjun Rampal, I just want to wish you a very-very Happy New Year and may God bless you.”
Among others, Farhan said: I want to wish all viewers a very Happy New Year.”
Abhishek Kapoor, actor-director, of Rock On fame also wished people a Happy New Year.
The year 2008 proved quite eventful and hoping for a joyous year ahead, Bollywood actor Purab Kohli, said, “Wish you all a very Happy New Year.”
Meanwhile, giving out a special message to the Mumbaikars, who withstood the deadly terror attacks recently, Ameesha Patel urged the people to keep the spirit of the city alive and remain strong even in the face of adversity and face the challenges.
In contrast to 2007, New Year celebrations were quite subdued this year in Mumbai. Various events like the terror attacks that shook various parts of India in 2008 and the global economic meltdown playing a major role in dampening the spirit of people.
- B-town celebrates Christmas with family, friends - Dec 25, 2011
- Bollywood stars wish fans happiness, peace this Christmas - Dec 25, 2010
- Happy Diwali, tweets Bollywood - Oct 26, 2011
- Sujoy Ghosh wishes Vidya Happy B'day - Jan 01, 2012
- Pre-wedding bash for Riteish and Genelia - Jan 25, 2012
- No stopping for 'Kahaani', Sujoy Ghosh elated (Movie Snippets) - Mar 31, 2012
- Bollywood floods Riteish with B'day wishes - Dec 17, 2011
- B-town tweets Happy Gudi Padwa, navratras - Mar 23, 2012
- Bollywood luminaries offer their wishes for 2010 - Jan 01, 2010
- Emraan an accommodating co-star, says Bipasha (Movie Snippets) - Feb 03, 2012
- Bollywood celebs wish SRK luck, success on birthday - Nov 02, 2010
- Hrithik turns 38, B-town says 'Happy Birthday' - Jan 10, 2012
- Shah Rukh's humour bowls over Ashish Chowdhry (Movie Snippets) - Dec 18, 2011
- B-town wishes love, luck for New Year - Dec 31, 2011
- Happy Gudi Padwa, tweets Bollywood - Apr 04, 2011
Tags: abhishek kapoor, actor arjun, ameesha patel, arjun rampal, big boss, diana hayden, fashion model, happy new year, kaho, lage raho munna, lage raho munna bhai, miss world, new year celebrations, new year greetings, parineeta, purab kohli, special message, spirit of india, terror attacks, vidya balan