Bollywood actress Raveena Tandon shoots for PETAMarch 26th, 2009 - 8:19 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Mar 26 (ANI): Bollywood actress Raveena Tandon on Thursday shot for the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) with an aim of discouraging the use of leather and leather products.
Tandon has been associated with the PETA for the last 15 years.
“This campaign is basically against leather and leather products. We think it as a style statement but actually the way it is made and the way we use it, it harms us,” she said.
Founded in 2000, PETA India is dedicated to establish and defend the rights of all animals.
PETA India educates policy-makers and the public about animal abuse and promotes an understanding of the right of all animals to be treated with respect. (ANI)
- PETA urges people to avoid fish-eating in Tamil Nadu - Mar 10, 2010
- Vegetarian Bollywood stars attend PETA's 10th anniversary celebrations - Dec 19, 2009
- Raveena poses for PETA to shun animal skins - Sep 13, 2010
- Raveena Poses For An Advertisemnt Of PETA - Sep 15, 2010
- PETA activists protest against illegal slaughter in Chennai - Feb 03, 2009
- Hollywood-Bollywood come together for vegan cookbook - Jul 03, 2012
- Boycott zoos, urge Mahima, Gulshan - Feb 15, 2012
- PETA activists protest against KFC's cruel treatment of chickens - Jun 04, 2009
- 'Cows', 'sheep', 'pigs' lie in coffins to protest animal slaughter - Nov 07, 2009
- Dia Mirza poses in ad against animal skin trade (With Image) - Mar 01, 2012
- Century on, end of a bullock cart saga in Mumbai (With Images) - Feb 08, 2012
- Pamela urges Indians to avoid leather products - Nov 18, 2010
- Make this World Cup the last with leather balls: PETA - Mar 24, 2011
- Postal stamp sought to honour India's vegetarian heritage - Sep 28, 2011
- Shahid Kapoor peps up PETA campaign to promote vegetarianism - Mar 22, 2010
Tags: aim, animal abuse, bollywood actress, ethical treatment of animals, leather products, mumbai, people for the ethical treatment of animals, peta india, raveena tandon, style statement, treatment of animals