Bollywood actress Katrina Kaif latest BarbieMarch 27th, 2009 - 9:06 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Mar 27 (ANI): Bollywood actress Katrina Kaif on Friday walked the ramp as a Barbie at Lakme Fashion Week here.
Designers had put together a special show to showcase 50 years of the Barbie doll.
Barbie, the iconic doll that has helped young girls pass countless hours in a make-believe world that mirrored real life glamour, turned 50 on March 23.
Katrina Kaif said that she would always cherish the memory of walking the ramp as a Barbie.
“It will always be very special memory for me because a doll is
something which will be in the archives for ever,” Kaif said.
Indian designers competed in a contest to dress Barbie, with the winning designs being showcased at the Lakme Fashion Week.
Throughout her life, Barbie’s hair and fashions have reflected real life haute couture and fashion trends.
Country’s premier fashion event, Lakme Fashion Week is being held from March 27 to 31, 2009. (ANI)
- After Katrina, Hrithik may walk the ramp for kids - Jan 13, 2012
- Katrina Kaif: The Perfect Barbie Doll! - Nov 25, 2010
- Katrina Barbie arrives in India - Nov 19, 2009
- Bollywood dominates couture week, but designs too got noticed (Review) - Oct 11, 2010
- Manish Malhotra brings curtains down on LFW in style - Aug 22, 2011
- Celebrities grab limelight, designers sidelined: Rohit Bal - Feb 07, 2012
- LFW Winter-Festive puts spotlight on new talents, Indian weaves (Curtain-raiser ) - Aug 01, 2012
- Katrina turns Cinderella, Red Riding Hood (With Images) - Apr 19, 2012
- Katrina launches Barbie doll inspired by her - May 05, 2011
- Couture week gets bigger, better; Madhuri to walk at opener (Curtainraiser) - Jul 21, 2011
- Salman Khan Walked The Ramp For 'Being Human' NGO Along With 80 Bollywood Ladies - Oct 12, 2010
- LFW advances winter/festive edition to August - Apr 05, 2011
- End of rivalry between Katrina and Kareena? - Aug 22, 2011
- Lakme Fashion Week to pay tribute to Indian textiles - Feb 29, 2012
- Debarun Mukherjee ropes in Shahana as his showstopper (With Image) - Mar 02, 2012
Tags: barbie doll, bollywood actress, countless hours, fashion event, fashion trends, glamour, haute couture, indian designers, katrina kaif, lakme fashion week, mumbai, ramp, showcase, showcased, special memory, winning designs, young girls