Bollywood actors talk about their forthcoming film ”Yuvraaj” at New DelhiNovember 19th, 2008 - 6:59 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Nov 19 (ANI): Bollywood producer and director Subhash Ghai has dismissed any similarity between his latest flick ”Yuvraaj” with his earlier film ”Taal” despite both being musical journeys.
Ghai, best known for his films like Karz, Hero, Meri Jung and Karma, was emphatic at a news conference in New Delhi on Tuesday that there were no similarities between the two films.
There are only three similarities between my films Taal and Yuvraaj. Both the films have Anil Kapoor, both are musical journeys and have A. R. Rahman. Leaving these three things it is a completely different film. Yuvraaj is a different story and Taal was a different story. Taal was a love story of a girl; it was her journey from being a village girl into a glamorous world. While Yuvraaj is the love story of a struggling musician played by Salman Khan. In this film actor’’s Salman and Katrina Kaif are in love. They enter into a problem and then Salmans character signs an agreement that he will be a billionaire in 40 days, said Ghai.
”Yuvraaj” stars Zayed Khan, Anil Kapoor, Boman Irani and Mithun Chakraborty.
The film is a musical story of a fragmented family of three brothers fighting and playing games with each other to inherit their father’’s wealth.
Salman who essays the role of Deven Yuvvraaj in the film said that he was playing the negative character.
My character in this film is negative. I am frustrated, jealous, and angry with the whole world but later I realize that why is this so. But when I think about the reason I ask myself that what an 11-12 year boy would do when he is kicked out? said Salman.
The other two brothers Gyanesh is played by Anil Kapoor and Danny is played by Zayed Khan.
Bollywood actor, Katrina Kaif, who has set the box-office on fire with her recent films like Partner, Welcome, Race and the most recent Singh Is Kinng said that she was lucky to work with a director Ghai.
See for me one reason for doing this film was that it was a Ghai film. I have been a fan of his movies and I wanted to have it in my bio-data, which said that I have done a Ghai film. I think I”m very happy as an actor to have got a chance to be presented in this way in the film. We just have to wait and hope for the best now, said Katrina.
A.R. Rahman has scored the music of the movie, while Gulzar has penned the lyrics of the film.
The film is slated for November 21, release. (ANI)
- Subhash Ghai ropes in Priyadarshan for new project - Aug 18, 2010
- Subhash Ghai Signs Priyadarshan To Direct His Next Movie - Aug 18, 2010
- YRF's next with SRK, Katrina goes on the floors Monday - Jan 08, 2012
- Zindagi Na, Rockstar dominate IIFA awards - Jun 10, 2012
- Potpouri of hits - Top 10 Bollywood movies (2011 in Retrospect) (To go with Bollywood went from gloom to glory) - Dec 15, 2011
- Salman Khan promotes his forthcoming film ''Yuvvraaj'' at a show in Mumbai - Nov 05, 2008
- Salman, Katrina team up for 'Bodyguard' item song - Jul 26, 2011
- Sur, saaz and rockstar: When music is Bollywood's muse - Oct 19, 2011
- Salman has a heart of gold: Subhash Ghai - Nov 21, 2008
- Salman perturbed over marriage-related queries - Jul 12, 2012
- Bollywood Glitters At Subhash Ghai's Birthday Bash - Oct 26, 2009
- 'Ek Tha Tiger' promises full on entertainment (IANS Preview) - Aug 13, 2012
- My career's best phase yet to come: Katrina - Aug 12, 2012
- Age no bar for Anil Kapoor (Movie Snippets) - Apr 19, 2012
- Subhash Ghai churns out another winner in 'Yuvvraaj' (IANS Film Review) - Apr 11, 2009
Tags: anil kapoor, bollywood actor, bollywood actors, boman irani, different story, film actor, forthcoming film, glamorous world, katrina kaif, mithun chakraborty, musical journeys, recent films, salman and katrina, salman khan, story of a girl, Subhash Ghai, two films, village girl, welcome race, zayed khan