BMC truck runs over nine in MumbaiNovember 14th, 2007 - 10:17 am ICT by admin
The victims were asleep on a sidewalk of a road in Mumbai’s Chembur area.
“The truck was speeding. It toppled when the driver stopped it suddenly to save a man who was walking on the road. It fell on the people sleeping on the pavement. We are taking the injured to the Rajawadi Hospital,” said official.
The driver escaped after the incident.
Mumbai with a population of about 17 million, receives hundreds of migrants from towns and villages everyday, and many of them work as labourers and live illegally on pavements. (ANI)
- Three killed, four hurt in road accident - Aug 03, 2012
- 46 die in road accidents across 3 states (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- Two killed as monorail slab collapses - Jul 01, 2011
- One killed in Mumbai monorail project site accident - Jul 20, 2012
- Two die in Yamuna Expressway accident - Aug 31, 2012
- Two-day water cut in Mumbai from Monday - May 06, 2012
- Speeding car kills two pavement sleepers - Jun 17, 2011
- Minor girl, two others killed in Delhi accidents - Aug 10, 2012
- Four killed as speeding truck runs into a house - Feb 15, 2012
- Three mowed down by truck - Nov 03, 2011
- Two killed, 15 wounded in Kashmir road accidents - May 11, 2011
- 13 Pandharpur pilgrims crushed by a speeding truck - Jul 25, 2011
- Agra road accident claims two lives - Apr 27, 2012
- Three hurt as speeding car hits bike in Delhi - Apr 15, 2012
- MBA student killed while speeding on Delhi road (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012