Blossoming almond trees herald spring in J-K, promote tourismApril 4th, 2011 - 3:02 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, Apr 4 (ANI): Pleasant weather and blossoming almond trees herald spring in Jammu and Kashmir and have been attracting number of tourists to the region.
Residents and tourists seemed to be very delighted with the beautiful atmosphere.
Director of floriculture Kashmir Ghulam Sarwar Naqash said the blossoming of almonds does give hope to a lot of people who would benefit with the incoming of tourists in the region.
“The blossoming of almond trees that you can see everywhere brings beauty to our Valley. And this year the weather has been quite favourable. These flowers used to blossom only in the month of February because of good temperature and this year the weather was also quite favourable; snowfall and rainfall were timely,” said Naqash.
For locals, these flowers indicate the arrival of spring, a season that attracts tourists from all parts of the country and abroad.
“Almond flowers have blossomed and this indicates that summer is here. And it is often said that when almond flowers bloom, a lot of people come to see it and a lot of crowd has started coming in to admire the nature and seem to be very happy,” said a local.
Almond trees are among the first to bloom in the valley lending an aromatic air to the spring. The almonds from these gardens are known for their superior taste and high quality. (ANI)
- As winter ends, blossoms herald spring in Kashmir - Mar 26, 2012
- Flower sapling sale increases with onset of spring in J.K - Mar 13, 2011
- Blossoming almond trees herald spring in Kashmir Valley - Mar 11, 2009
- Plantation drive to save 'Chinar tree' in Jammu and Kashmir - Mar 21, 2010
- Weatherman forecasts cold week for Kashmir - Apr 26, 2012
- Srinagar's tulip garden opens to visitors Tuesday - Mar 23, 2009
- Kashmir: A guarded paradise (Letter from Srinagar) - Jun 11, 2012
- J-K orchard owners hope for better fruit output due to snowfall - Jan 23, 2011
- Rain, snow bring down temperatures in Kashmir Valley - Apr 11, 2011
- Tourists flock to Srinagar, Shimla to enjoy first snowfall - Dec 31, 2010
- Kashmir's famous gardens get a facelift - Nov 03, 2010
- Jammu and Kashmir floriculture department facelifts gardens to attract tourists - Mar 23, 2010
- Spring rain in Kashmir, farmers elated - Apr 11, 2012
- Botanical experts to save a rare Chinese tree species from extinction in Kashmir - Apr 22, 2010
- Gulmarg weaves its magic around tourists (With images) - Apr 03, 2011