Blasts in Assam’’s Bongaigaon district, no casualtiesAugust 16th, 2008 - 1:30 pm ICT by ANI
Guwahati, Aug 16 (ANI): Two bomb blasts by United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA) rocked lower Assam’’s Bongaigaon District this morning. There were no casualties reported.
According to official sources, the first explosion took place at 8:10 a.m. at a police check point at Swahidbedi area of Bongaigaon town. The next explosive went off five minutes later at Paglathan.
On Friday, two persons were injured in three serial blasts in Chirang and Dhubri districts of the state.
According to militant outfits, the politico-military conflict between the region and Centre can be resolved only if the core issue of sovereignty and independence is addressed. (ANI)
- Three injured in Assam grenade blast - Sep 11, 2012
- Blast in Assam refinery, ULFA claims responsibility - Apr 07, 2012
- Blast in Assam refinery, ULFA claims responsibility (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Guwahati blast: 50 detained, ULFA claims responsibility - Sep 09, 2012
- Blast kills army man in Assam, ULFA claims hand (Second Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Assam toll now 19, shoot at sight orders in Kokrajhar (Third Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- High security in Assam after ULFA messages intercepted - Sep 10, 2012
- Assam toll now 19, shoot at sight orders in Kokrajhar (Second Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- ULFA attempt to disrupt Manmohan's visit foiled - Apr 18, 2012
- Blasts on railway track in Asam, no casualties - Apr 20, 2012
- ULFA slams army's missile programme in Assam, Nagaland - Mar 26, 2012
- Ulfa's bomb-making unit busted; 2 held - May 21, 2012
- Two ULFA militants arrested in Guwahati - Mar 23, 2011
- ULFA and KLO rebels arrested in Meghalaya - Jan 05, 2012
- Suspected ULFA militants lob grenade at Assam police superintendents office - Aug 11, 2008
Tags: assam, bomb blasts, casualties, core issue, explosive, first explosion, five minutes, militant outfits, military conflict, police check point, serial blasts, sovereignty, two persons, ulfa, united liberation front