Blast rocks Assam ahead of Republic Day, train derailedJanuary 25th, 2011 - 8:55 pm ICT by ANI
Guwahati, Jan 25 (ANI): A powerful bomb planted by unidentified militants on a rail bridge exploded damaging a portion of the tracks and derailing a goods train in Assam’s North Cachar Hills District on Tuesday on the eve of Republic Day.
According to television reports, the bomb that was placed on a rail bridge near Lower Haflong Bridge, exploded this afternoon derailing the engine of a goods train, which was on its way from Lumding to Silchar.
No casualties have, however, been reported into the incident.
Train services in the Lumding-Badarpur section has been temporarily suspended.
Security measures have been intensified after the blast. (ANI)
- Assam's stranded train passengers evacuated - Jun 29, 2012
- 10 bombs found on Assam railway bridge - Nov 09, 2011
- Passenger train derails in Assam, no casualties - Oct 27, 2010
- Parts of northeast cut-off as train services suspended - Oct 10, 2011
- Landslides disrupt rail services to Northeast - Jun 04, 2012
- Train services yet to be restored in northeast - Jun 10, 2012
- Night train services resume in terror-hit section of northeast - Oct 21, 2009
- Train passengers stranded by Assam floods being rescued - Jun 28, 2012
- Rail services to Tripura, Mizoram disrupted - Jun 10, 2010
- Goods train bombed, bus attacked in Assam ahead of R-Day - Jan 25, 2011
- Railway services in northeast partially restored - Jul 25, 2012
- Northeast train services partially resume after two weeks - Jun 14, 2012
- Disrupted rail services hit supply to northeast - Aug 28, 2009
- 'Another month to restore train services to northeast' - Jul 02, 2012
- Assam asked to step up security in terror-hit region - May 28, 2009