Blast-hit Karnataka initiates probeJuly 26th, 2008 - 12:03 pm ICT by ANI
Bangalore, July 26 (ANI): Karnataka government has ordered a probe after eight small bombs exploded in quick succession across Bangalore city, killing two people and wounding at least 15 people.
Karnataka Chief Minister B.S. Yeddyurappa asked a special team to lead the probe.
He informed, “We have given Rs. one lakh to the families of the dead and 25-50 thousand rupees to the injured. Police and other officials have been directed to monitor the situation round the clock. I have also directed to constitute special team to nab the culprits.”
Karnataka Home Minister V.S Acharya said gelatine sticks and a concoction of ammonium nitrate in fuel oil had been used to cause some of the explosions. Nuts, bolts and nails were also packed in the bombs.
He said: “Urea in some place and arsenic with some yellowish colour material used with some nuts and bolts which acts as a missile. The whole thing was dug and dumped about a foot inside the ground. It looks it was done in a hurry.”
Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Sriprakash Jaiswal forewarned that intelligence inputs had indicated that Bangalore and Hyderabad are soft targets.
“IB (Information Bureau) has declared earlier that hi-tech city, either Bangalore or Hyderabad could be centre of terror attack as there are some forces jealous of the progress and they could strike these locations,” he said.
High alert have been issued across the country following the incident.
City Police Commissioner Shankar Bidari said the blasts took place at the Madivala bus stop, Hossur road, Adugudi, Koramangla, Mysore Road and Nayadahalli and other two places. (ANI)
- Another live bomb in Bangalore defused - Jul 26, 2008
- Centre had warned Karnataka in advance about terrorist attacks - Jul 25, 2008
- Home Minister condemns Bangalore blasts (Update-Home Minister) - Jul 25, 2008
- Three killed, 20 wounded in seven Bangalore blasts - Jul 25, 2008
- Blast at Congress MP's resort near Hyderabad - May 29, 2012
- Bomb blast averted in Karachi - Jul 20, 2012
- Apex court stays order in Karnataka cop's case (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- National Investigating Agency begins probe into Bangalore blasts - Apr 20, 2010
- Two killed in nine bomb blasts in Bangalore - Jul 25, 2008
- Sonia Gandhi condemns Bangalore blasts - Jul 25, 2008
- Indian Mujahideen hideouts raided for leads in Mumbai blasts probe - Jul 15, 2011
- 'Terrorists may have used safe house near blast sites' - Jul 16, 2011
- Three held for betting on India-England match - Feb 26, 2011
- Karnataka policemen protest assault by lawyers - Mar 22, 2012
- Yeddyuruppa objects to BCCI shifting IPL semi-finals out of Bangalore - Apr 19, 2010
Tags: acharya, ammonium nitrate, bidari, chief minister, colour material, concoction, culprits, home affairs, home minister, information bureau, karnataka government, lakh, minister of state, nuts and bolts, nuts bolts, police commissioner, soft targets, terror attack, union minister, yellowish colour