Black money case: ED gets permission to question Hasan AliMarch 30th, 2011 - 8:33 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Mar 30 (ANI): A sessions court today granted the Enforcement Directorate (ED) permission to question top tax evader Hasan Ali, who is presently lodged in Mumbai’s Arthur Road jail.
According to reports, the interrogation would be video-recorded as per the orders of the Supreme Court.
Mumbai’s Sessions Court Judge K P Purohit, who granted the permission, asked the probe agency to question Ali in their south Mumbai office every day between 10.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. till April 1.
A Mumbai Sessions court had on March 25 sent Pune-based stud farm owner Hasan Ali, who is alleged to have stashed away over eight billion dollars in Swiss banks, to judicial custody till April 8.
On March 21, the Supreme Court extended Ali’s custody with the Enforcement Directorate by three more days.
The apex court had earlier on March 17 granted a four-day custody of Hasan Ali to the probe agency.
The apex court bench had earlier reproached the Centre for failing to subject Khan and other alleged money launderers to custodial interrogation.
The Enforcement Directorate arrested Ali, who also has been accused of forging documents to acquire multiple passports, in Mumbai on the night of March 7 under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act.
The Income Tax Tribunal had on March 4 issued a showcause notice to Hasan Ali. (ANI)
- Black money case: Hasan Ali sent to judicial custody till April 8 - Mar 25, 2011
- Black money case: SC extends Hasan Ali's custody - Mar 21, 2011
- Enforcement Directorate raids residence of Hasan Ali's accountant - Mar 23, 2011
- Black money case: Hasan Ali in ED custody for four more days - Mar 17, 2011
- Black money case: Mumbai court grants conditional bail to Hasan Ali - Mar 11, 2011
- Black money case: Hasan Ali's bail hearing adjourned till tomorrow - Apr 12, 2011
- Hasan Ali sent to ED custody for three days - Apr 30, 2011
- Black money case: ED moves Supreme Court seeking Hasan Ali's remand - Mar 17, 2011
- Hasan Ali case: Mumbai court adjourns hearing till tomorrow - Mar 10, 2011
- Black money trail: Hasan Ali to appear before ED today - Mar 13, 2011
- Mumbai court pulls up ED in Hasan Ali case - Mar 09, 2011
- Hasan Ali surrenders before ED (Lead) - Mar 18, 2011
- Black money case: Hasan Ali's wife to be present in SC tomorrow - Mar 27, 2011
- Hasan Ali case: Hearing adjourned till April 29 - Apr 20, 2011
- Hasan Ali case: ED to submit status report before Supreme Court - Mar 28, 2011
Tags: apex court, arthur road, billion dollars, black money, court bench, court judge, custodial interrogation, enforcement directorate, hasan ali, judicial custody, money launderers, money laundering act, mumbai office, passports, purohit, sessions court, stud farm, swiss banks, tax evader, tax tribunal