Black emerges as designer’’s favourite at Delhi Fashion WeekMarch 20th, 2009 - 2:58 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 20 (ANI): Black emerged as hot pick of the designers for Autumn/Winter season at the ongoing Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week.
Drawing inspiration from the world of sports, Bollywood stylist Manish Malhotra showcased a collection in black and gold merging sports and evening wear to come up with an assortment of dresses for both men and women.
Saris with kegs and racer backs, kurtas with zipper hood tops and guys wearing bandhgala (jackets) with track pants formed a part of this unique collection.
“The theme is black and gold. Sporty wear is going into evening wear and evening wear is going into sporty wear,” said Manish. Going minimalist, designer Rajesh Pratap Singh showcased his basic wearable collection all in black.
Using fabrics such as wool, silk and cashmere, Singh put together a collection of dresses, which stood out for their simplicity and fitted silhouettes.
This gala event will conclude on March 23. (ANI)
- Sports joins glamour at Rajasthan Fashion Week - May 26, 2012
- Mixing styles: Ravi Bajaj set for Dubai Fashion Week - Oct 17, 2011
- Varun Bahl presents edgy, unconventional line at WIFW - Apr 06, 2011
- Nachiket Barve brings the 'Golden Hour' to LFW ramp - Aug 19, 2011
- Umbrellas and bit of Sherlock Holmes at Pakistan Fashion Week - Apr 01, 2011
- Sonam Kapoor dazzles at Manish Malhotra's show - Jul 25, 2011
- Under media glare, Indian politicos go fashion forward (Feature with images) - Jul 17, 2011
- Wearability factor gets prominence at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
- Indian designs, Bollywood dominate RFW opening day - May 25, 2012
- Blend of creativity, contemporary cuts at Pakistan fashion week - Nov 12, 2010
- Freedom, bondage hand-in-hand for Kashmiri designer (With Images) - Aug 04, 2012
- Bollywood beauties throng Manish Malhotra's LFW show - Sep 21, 2010
- Rohit Bal displays 'Shanti' with Arjun Rampal on ramp - Jul 26, 2011
- Colours, bling and cuts on WIFW runway - Apr 08, 2011
- LFW: Siddharth Mallya in tuxedo, Amy Jackson in sari - Aug 04, 2012
Tags: assortment, autumn winter, cashmere, dresses, fabrics, gala event, india fashion week, kegs, malhotra, men and women, New Delhi, pratap singh, silhouettes, simplicity, stylist, track pants, wills lifestyle india fashion week, winter season, world of sports, zipper