BJP’s ‘Chintan Baithak’ to begin in Shimla todayAugust 19th, 2009 - 12:07 pm ICT by ANI
Shimla, Aug 19 (ANI): The BJP’s ‘Chintan Baithak’ or assessment-cum introspection exercise will begin here today.
Top BJP and RSS leaders will discuss the reasons, which led to their electoral debacle during the three-day conclave.
Latest controversies like former Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje’s near rebellion and senior leader Jaswant Singh’s just- released book praising Jinnah will also be considered.
All top leaders including L K Advani, Rajnath Singh, Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley will attend the Baithak.
The ‘Chintan Baithak’ was earlier slated to take place in Mumbai.
The venue was shifted to Shimla reportedly over fears that a ‘Chintan Baithak’ in Mumbai could generate a lot of negative perception about the party.
There were many contradictions within the party over the holding of the ‘Chintan Biathak’. Party sources had said this was the main reason behind thedelay. (ANI)
- It's final, BJP `Chintan Baithak' to take place on Aug.19 - Aug 07, 2009
- Rajnath skirts Jaswant issue in Shimla - Aug 18, 2009
- Jaswant a victim of party intrigues? Many think so (News Analysis) - Aug 19, 2009
- Jaswant Singh expelled from BJP (Lead) - Aug 19, 2009
- Jaswant issue dominates first day of BJP's meet - Aug 19, 2009
- Jaswant Singh in Shimla but stays away from BJP leaders - Aug 19, 2009
- 'Jaswant sacked for praising Jinnah' - Aug 19, 2009
- Shimla set for BJP's 'introspection' meet - Aug 18, 2009
- 'Jaswant's book not the only reason for expulsion' - Aug 20, 2009
- Swaraj alludes to Raje's possible expulsion from the BJP - Aug 21, 2009
- Jaswant Singh expelled from the BJP - Aug 19, 2009
- RSS chief to visit Shimla Nov 7 - Nov 02, 2009
- Jaswant Singh expelled from BJP - Aug 19, 2009
- Two days after Jinnah book, Jaswant expelled from BJP (Second Lead) - Aug 19, 2009
- BJP defends Jaswant expulsion, reposes faith in Advani - Aug 22, 2009
Tags: arun jaitley, chief minister, chintan, conclave, contradictions, controversies, debacle, exercise, fears, introspection, l k advani, negative perception, party sources, raje, rajnath singh, rebellion, sushma swaraj, top bjp, venue