BJP will declare Ramasetu a heritage monument: GanesanMarch 22nd, 2009 - 8:29 pm ICT by ANI
Chennai, Mar 22 (ANI): Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Tamil Nadu unit president L. Ganesan on Sunday said that his party would declare the Ramasetu a heritage monument, if his party voted to power at the Centre in the general elections.
BJP will declare the Ramasetu a heritage monument, if the party voted to power at the Centre in the general elections, Ganesan said in a statement.
Ramasetu, a bridge, believed to be built by Lord Rama, became a centre of controversy after Hindus opposed its demolition for the construction of Rs 2,400 crore Sethusamudram Shipping Canal Project (SSCP).
The BJP leader further said that if alliance comprising of the Dravida Munnettra Kazhagam (DMK) came into power, it would demolish the bridge.
If another alliance comprising of the DMK comes to power, it will try to demolish the Ramasetu, he added. (ANI)
- Filing of nomination for TN, Puducherry and Kerala to end today - Mar 26, 2011
- Kerala polls include 153 candidates with criminal background - Apr 07, 2011
- Puducherry polls: Congress manifesto promises incentives, concessions - Apr 01, 2011
- DMK, Congress sign formal agreement on seat sharing - Mar 09, 2011
- Election Commission acting against DMK, alleges Alagiri - Apr 18, 2011
- Tamil Nadu polls: Allies urge Vaiko to reconsider boycott - Mar 21, 2011
- DMK joins hands with PMK for Tamil Nadu assembly polls - Feb 18, 2011
- BJP slams 'casual attitude' of Central Government towards fishermen deaths - Jan 30, 2011
- Karunanidhi to discuss seat-sharing with PM, Sonia - Jan 31, 2011
- TN polls: EC issues notice to Jayalalithaa, Vijayakanth - Apr 07, 2011
- Supporting or withdrawing support is usual political procedure: Mulayam - Mar 06, 2011
- Presidential poll voting ends in Puducherry, still on in Tamil Nadu - Jul 19, 2012
- Sonia Gandhi to address election rally in Puducherry - Apr 05, 2011
- Tamil Nadu polls: Karunanidhi to contest from Tiruvarur - Mar 17, 2011
- Karunanidhi disappointed with Tamil Nadu election schedule - Mar 02, 2011