BJP to finalise candidates for LS elections for Delhi, U.P soonJanuary 26th, 2009 - 10:20 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan 26, (ANI): Bharatiya Janata Party on Monday said that the party would finalise its list of all candidates for Delhi and more than half of Uttar Pradesh for the upcoming General Elections by January 29.
BJP will be able to finalize the list during its Central Election Committee (CEC) meet to be held between Jan.28-29.
“I have called the next CEC meeting of BJP on January 28 and 29. We will finalise our Lok Sabha candidates for almost all the seats,” BJP President Rajnath Singh told mediapersons in national capital on Monday.
The names of the selected candidates for the seven Lok Sabha constituencies of Delhi would be declared after the CEC meeting, BJP sources said.
Names of former BJP Deputy Leader in Lok Sabha Vijay Kumar Malhotra, party general secretary Vijay Goel and Arun Jaitley are doing the rounds, stated a BJP leader requesting anonymity.
BJP candidates for 40 Lok Sabha seats from UP would also be declared. The party is in the process of choosing another candidate from Eta, after the declared candidate Kalyan Singh, resigned from the party last week.
The CEC may hold back declaration of candidates for some seats where more than one BJP leader is keen on contesting.
BJP has already declared four lists and finalised candidates for 36 Lok Sabha seats so far. The list include BJPs Prime Ministerial candidate L. K. Advani (Gandhinagar), Rajnath Singh (Ghaziabad), Yashwant Sinha (Hazaribagh), Navjot Singh Sidhu (Amritsar), Vinod Khanna (Hoshiyarpur), party vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi (Rampur), Ashok Pradhan (Bulandshahr). (ANI)
- BJP brain-storming meet on in Agra - Aug 05, 2012
- BJP to contest presidential poll, undecided on candidate - Jun 19, 2012
- BJP to contest presidential poll, undecided on candidate (Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
- Congress's Muslim card, Ajit Singh's Jat clout on test in Tuesday's poll (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- Jaspal Rana quits BJP, joins Congress - Jan 10, 2012
- 60 constituencies in final phase of UP polls - Mar 02, 2012
- BJP leaders court arrest over price rise - Jun 22, 2012
- Navjot Sidhu complains against fake Facebook page - Jul 26, 2012
- Ticket delay worries thousands of Bihar poll aspirants - Sep 25, 2010
- Munda cuts short US visit for Jamshedpur bypoll - Jun 09, 2011
- Congress unlikely to declare Bihar list by Sep 25 - Sep 23, 2010
- Kalraj Mishra quits Rajya Sabha - Mar 21, 2012
- BJP names more candidates for Maharashtra, Haryana polls - Sep 21, 2009
- BJP to campaign for Sangma - Jun 28, 2012
- BJP to support regional party candidate in Nagaland - Mar 23, 2009
Tags: arun jaitley, bharatiya janata party, bjp leader, central election, doing the rounds, gandhinagar, general elections, l k advani, lok sabha constituencies, lok sabha seats, mukhtar, naqvi, navjot singh sidhu, prime ministerial candidate, rajnath singh, rampur, vijay kumar, vijay kumar malhotra, vinod khanna, yashwant sinha