BJP terms Osama’s killing satisfactoryMay 2nd, 2011 - 4:35 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 2 (ANI): Asserting that strong action is needed to eliminate terrorism, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday termed the killing of Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden as a matter of satisfaction.
“Laden was the face of global terrorism. His killing in Pakistan proves that Islamabad is the epicentre of terrorism,” BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad told reporters here.
He further demanded that the perpetrators of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack attacks must be handed over to India and brought to justice.
The United States Government earlier today informed that Osama bin laden had been killed by security forces somewhere ‘deep inside Pakistan’.
Osama, 54, who created and funded the al Qaeda terror network, was accused of being behind a number of atrocities, including the attacks on New York and Washington on 11 September 2001.
He was suspected of playing large roles in the 1998 bombings of two US Embassies in Africa and the attack on the USS Cole in the Yemeni port of Aden in October 2000. (ANI)
- Osama's death in line with U.S. policy: Pak envoy - May 02, 2011
- Osama killing: Security strengthened around US Embassy in Delhi - May 02, 2011
- Osama's killing a victorious milestone against terrorism: Krishna - May 02, 2011
- PM describes Osama's killing as a significant step forward - May 02, 2011
- Osama's killing in Pakistan shows it is sanctuary for terrorists: Chidambaram - May 02, 2011
- Osama's killing would help the world combat militancy: Salman Khurshid - May 02, 2011
- German envoy delighted at news of Osama's death - May 02, 2011
- Al Qaeda leaders killed in Yemen air strike - May 07, 2012
- Osama killing 'underlines' Pakistan sanctuary for terrorists: India - May 02, 2011
- 'Bin Laden death won't stop war': Ex Guantanamo Bay detainee Habib - May 02, 2011
- Senior al-Qaeda member put 'jihad over sex' by taking "impotence" injections - Apr 27, 2011
- Osama bin Laden: billionaire heir who founded a terror empire (Profile) - May 02, 2011
- Time to remember those killed by Osama: Cameron - May 02, 2011
- Osama killing shows Pakistan epicentre of terror: BJP (Lead) - May 02, 2011
- BJP describes Pak to be 'epicentre of global terrorism' - May 04, 2011
Tags: 11 september 2001, atrocities, bharatiya janata party, bombings, embassies, epicentre, global terrorism, islamabad, osama bin laden, perpetrators, port of aden, prasad, qaeda leader, ravi shankar, security forces, terror attack, terror network, united states government, uss cole, yemeni port