BJP team to meet Manmohan Singh on Minimum Support Price issueNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:28 am ICT by admin
If course correction is not done at the earliest, Javadkar said paddy farmers might switch over to wheat and this could result in a crunch.
Javadkar also charged the UPA Government of having biased view against paddy. In many reports and statements government has expressed its opinion against the crop on the ground of its high water intensity.
He said this is true only where it is under irrigation. The major paddy crop in Andhra, Tamilnadu, Maharashtra, Orissa, West Bengal, Karnataka, Kerala, Chattisgarh, Jharkhand is rain fed Kharif crop.
The government bias is also reflected through its method of calculating the cost of production, which is showing downward trend though the ground reality is different. BJP warns that if this step motherly treatment continues for the paddy, it will result in a demand supply crunch sooner than later, he added.
He insisted that the UPA Government must come clean on the embarrassment faced by External Affairs Minister Mr. Pranab Mukherjee on his inter governmental commission visit to Russia.
Reports about Russian Foreign Minister Ivanov not meeting Mukherjee and his frisking at the airport do not gel well for the country, Javadkar said.
“The country must know whether this is displeasure by the host country or bad handling of an MEA visit by our government. Russia has been our trusted ally through thick and thin. The embarrassment faced by MEA is a cause of concern because of this special relationship. A curious aspect of the visit needs explanation as to whether it was not properly planned or planned in haste to postpone domestic crisis with Left,” the BJP spokesperson said. (ANI)
- Haryana seeks Rs.1,800 MSP for paddy - Feb 17, 2012
- Cabinet hikes rice purchase price to Rs.1,280 per quintal - Jun 14, 2012
- Akali Dal slams insufficient paddy support price hike - Jun 10, 2011
- Akali Dal rejects hike in paddy, cotton MSP - Jun 01, 2012
- Cabinet decides to raise minimum support price for Rabi crop - Oct 20, 2010
- Badal rejects new minimum price for wheat - Oct 08, 2011
- Kashmir sets paddy MSP at Rs.1,080 per quintal - Oct 11, 2011
- MSP hiked to boost food production - Oct 25, 2011
- Pay Rs.1,800 per quintal of wheat: Badal - Oct 24, 2011
- Hooda seeks Rs.200 bonus on paddy - Oct 06, 2011
- Centre's bonus on wheat unjustified: Badal - Apr 16, 2011
- Punjab, Haryana procure over 150 lakh tonnes wheat - May 01, 2012
- Bihar procures 16 lakh tonnes of paddy - Mar 16, 2012
- Purchase price for pulses hiked - Aug 03, 2012
- Bihar procures record paddy but farmers' cheques bounce - Apr 07, 2012
Tags: biased view, bjp, commensurate increase, commission visit, crunch, curious aspect, domestic crisis, embarrassment, governmental commission, ground reality, kharif crop, mea, minimum support price, minister ivanov, msp, russia, said paddy, UPA, water intensity, wheat