BJP slams Congress for being unable to act on corrupt ministersDecember 19th, 2010 - 9:26 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Dec.19 (ANI): The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Sunday slammed Congress for being unable to act on its corrupt ministers.
Reacting to the comments of the Congress President Sonia Gandhi at the party’s plenary session here on Sunday, Nirmala Sitharaman, BJP spokesperson, said: “It’s a party with a mentality or suffering from a mentality of a party under siege and attempts are being made not to answer but very clearly to divert the attention of the people from the failures of United Progressive Alliance (UPA)-2, from the corruption of UPA-2, from the distancing of the people from the government today of UPA-2.”
Sitharaman further accused Sonia Gandhi of abusing the main opposition party and observed that the government is running away from answering questions.
“Instead of answering the questions, Mrs. Gandhi has chosen to abuse the opposition. She has very clearly taken a position, a pretended aggression, an aggression which is only coming to probably help energise her demoralised party cadres,” she said.
“By using abusive language she has only deflected the attention of the people of this country from the failures of she has attempted to from failures of UPA-2,” she added.
Sitharaman said Gandhi is only trying to deflect the nation’s attention from its failures.
“The President has only, Mrs. Sonia Gandhi has only tried to deflect the attention of the people of this country who are waiting to hear answers on so many of their failures,” said Sitharaman.
Besides Sonia Gandhi, Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad were present at the 83rd plenary session of the Congress party.
The three-day session, which would end tomorrow, would oversee the political, economic and foreign affairs resolutions to be adopted. (ANI)
- Sonia hailed for showing Mamata her place - Jun 17, 2012
- Coming up, Manmohan-Sonia plan to rejuvenate UPA - May 29, 2011
- Sushma Swaraj hits back at Congress on Rajghat dance (Lead) - Jun 07, 2011
- Our good fortune to work under Sonia Gandhi: Manmohan Singh - Dec 20, 2010
- Sack Chidambaram, demands BJP - Sep 27, 2011
- BJP questions Sonia on Guwahati molestation case handling - Jul 17, 2012
- No problem between Sonia Gandhi, PM: Congress spokesman - Dec 14, 2010
- The Message from the AICC plenary (Part-I) - Dec 28, 2010
- BJP to campaign against Congress on Lokpal - Jan 01, 2012
- Ahead of PM's media interaction, BJP ups the ante (Roundup) - Feb 15, 2011
- PM offers to appear before PAC, but gridlock continues (Roundup) - Dec 20, 2010
- After Sonia attack, BJP hits back - Jun 05, 2012
- Sonia Gandhi promises to take corruption "head-on" - Dec 20, 2010
- Ahead of PM's media interaction, BJP ups the ante (Intro Roundup) - Feb 15, 2011
- Scams, price rise tarnish UPA-II image - May 22, 2011
Tags: abusive language, answering questions, bharatiya janata party, bjp, congress party, congress president sonia gandhi, dr manmohan singh, finance minister, ghulam nabi azad, health minister, main opposition party, manmohan, manmohan singh, mentality, mrs gandhi, mrs sonia gandhi, nirmala, plenary session, pranab mukherjee, progressive alliance