BJP Parliamentary board to consider fate of Uttarakhand Chief MinisterMay 23rd, 2009 - 2:02 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 23 (ANI): The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Parliamentary Board will meet here today to decide the fate of Uttarakhand Chief Minister B C Khanduri, who offered to resign owning moral responsibility for the defeat of the party in all the five Lok Sabha seats in the State.
On Friday, twenty four of the party’s 34 legislators gave in writing their support for Khanduri.
BJP’s central observers Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and Thavar Chand Ghelot interacted with each of the MLAs separately to elicit their views on possible leadership change in the state.
Naqvi and Gehlot would present a report to the party’s parliamentary board. (ANI)
- Khanduri to be Uttarakhand chief minister again (Lead) - Sep 10, 2011
- Khanduri again becomes Uttarkahand chief minister - Sep 11, 2011
- Not poaching among BJP for Bahuguna's seat: Rawat - Apr 27, 2012
- BJP tells Pokhriyal to step down Sunday - Sep 10, 2011
- BJP defers decision on Khanduri - May 23, 2009
- BJP backs Ramdev's agitation - Aug 10, 2012
- Raje resigns as leader of opposition - Oct 23, 2009
- BJP's Khanduri loses in Uttarakhand - Mar 06, 2012
- BJP does not rule out leadership change in Uttarakhand - Sep 09, 2011
- BJP takes Khurshid's quota comment to poll panel (Lead) - Jan 10, 2012
- Chidambaram should resign for terror list error: BJP - May 20, 2011
- B. S Koshiyari withdraws resignation from Rajya Sabha - Jun 19, 2009
- BJP's soul-searching meet begins Saturday - Jun 19, 2009
- BJP will do better than expected in UP: Naqvi - Mar 01, 2012
- Corruption, BSP 'misrule' main issues at BJP meet - Jun 02, 2011