BJP offers BJD 25 more seats in OrissaMarch 6th, 2009 - 8:28 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 6 (ANI): Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) prime ministerial candidate L. K. Advani on Friday offered 25 more seats to the Biju Janata Dal (BJD) in Orissa. The announcement was aimed at persuading the BJD to stay in the National Democratic Alliance (NDA).
Since 1998, the BJD has been contesting 84 Assembly and 12 Lok Sabha seats while BJP has fielded candidates in 63 Assembly and nine Lok Sabha constituencies.
The Orissa State Assembly polls will be held along with the general elections on April 16 and 23.
BJP leaders Chandan Mitra and Dharmendra Pradhan, who are in Bhubaneshwar to hold further talks with the BJD, said, they are hopeful about reaching an agreement soon.
BJD chief and Orissa Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik had on Thursday said a decision on continuing the alliance with the BJP would be taken some days. (ANI)
- BJP-BJD alliance splits - Mar 07, 2009
- BJP rules out poll pact with BJD - Oct 31, 2011
- Sangma arrives in Odisha to seek support - Jul 15, 2012
- BJD refuses to join NDA rally - Dec 15, 2010
- Patnaik yet to make up mind on joining NDA rally - Dec 09, 2010
- BJP, BJD split in Orissa - Mar 08, 2009
- BJD, BJP part ways in Orissa (Lead) - Mar 08, 2009
- NDA fails to decide on presidential poll (Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik re-elected BJD chief - Jan 23, 2010
- Congress never cared for poor but enriched itself, says Gadkari - Jan 17, 2011
- BJD backs Sangma for president - May 17, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik sworn in as Orissa Chief MinisterNaveen Patnaik sworn in as Orissa Chief Minister - May 21, 2009
- Sangma to campaign in Odisha July 15 - Jul 06, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik rules out supporting Congress - Mar 07, 2011
- Divided BJP discusses option of backing Sangma - Jun 17, 2012
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bhubaneshwar, biju, bjp leaders, chief minister, dharmendra, general elections, l k advani, lok sabha constituencies, lok sabha seats, mitra, national democratic alliance, naveen patnaik, nda, New Delhi, orissa state, prime ministerial candidate, state assembly polls