BJP not to involve Varun in poll campaign in MPMarch 30th, 2009 - 11:03 pm ICT by ANI
Bhopal, Mar 30 (ANI): Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sushma Swaraj on Monday said that the party would not involve Varun Gandhi in election campaign in the state.
“BJP won’t involve Varun Gandhi in election campaign in the state. There is no demand for the leader from any of the seats in Madhya Pradesh,” Swaraj said.
Swaraj is the BJP candidate from the Vidisha Lok Sabha seat. She is also the Lok Sabha poll in-charge of BJP in Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand.
According to party sources, Swaraj said that the party would not involve Varun in poll campaign in Madhya Pradesh as it may lead to polarisation of voters in the state, including Bhopal and Vidisha.
“The polarization will not help the party as it is not necessary that all the Hindus will vote for the BJP. Instead, the party should focus on highlighting the national level issues,” she added.
Swaraj advised her party members to focus on winning the confidence of voters.
“BJP is in power in the state. It should not do or say any thing that may invite trouble,” she said. (ANI)
- Vajpayee, Modi among BJP's star campaigners - Jan 09, 2012
- Polarisation between regional parties reason for UP loss: BJP - Mar 06, 2012
- BJP does better than expected in polls - Mar 06, 2012
- 60 constituencies in final phase of UP polls - Mar 02, 2012
- Stage set for Tuesday's by-polls in Andhra Pradesh - Jun 11, 2012
- Party organisation weak in UP: Sonia (Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- Sushma Swaraj unveils Ashoka painting - Sep 02, 2012
- UP 2012: Unpredictable outcome (Uttar Pradesh Newsletter) - Feb 04, 2012
- Congress springs surprise in BJP-ruled Madhya Pradesh (Lead) - May 16, 2009
- Thumbs up for SP and Akali, Congress bruised (Intro Roundup) - Mar 07, 2012
- No talks on BJP-BSP post-poll tie up :Nirmala Sitharaman - Feb 12, 2012
- Hung assembly, Samajwadi Party to be largest party: Exit polls (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- An election sans issues (Poll curtainraiser - Madhya Pradesh) - Apr 22, 2009
- Gadkari slams '55 chief-minister candidates' comment - Mar 02, 2012
- Campaigning ends for Andhra by-elections - Jun 10, 2012
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bhopal, bjp candidate, bjp leader, chhattisgarh, confidence, election campaign, hindus, jharkhand, lok sabha poll, madhya pradesh, mp, party members, party sources, polarization, poll campaign, sushma swaraj, varun gandhi, vidisha