BJP MPs say cash-for-vote sting tapes doctoredAugust 7th, 2008 - 9:14 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi , August 7 (ANI): Two of the three Bharatiya Janata Party MPs, who displayed bundles of currency notes in the Lok Sabha on July 22, today alleged that the tapes regarding the sting operation have been tampered with.
Ashok Argal and Fagan Singh Kulaste, who deposed before the seven-member parliamentary committee examining the cash-for-vote, contended that their version was not recorded in the tapes.
Interestingly, the two MPs made their charge to reporters, but did not make it before the panel.
Chairman of the committee V. Kishore Chandra Deo told reporters that the members did not make the charge of tampering of tapes during their deposition.
Deo further told reporters that the television channel CNN-IBN, which had conducted the sting operation, has been asked to send its representative on August 11.
Mahavir Bhagora, the third BJP MP, who was also summoned, could not make it as he was indisposed.
During the two-and-half deposition, the committee asked the two MPs to substantiate their charge that money was given to them as bribes to abstain from the trust vote.
The two MPs demanded that all those connected with the scam should be called and inquired to unearth the truth.
Deo told reporters that the committee would call whoever it felt necessary to be examined. (ANI)
- Aide blames Amar in cash-for-votes scam, Amar denies - Jul 19, 2011
- Cash-for-votes scam: Ex-BJP worker to be quizzed - Jul 19, 2011
- Second arrest made in cash-for-votes case - Jul 20, 2011
- No prima facie evidence against Amar Singh: K.C. Deo - Jul 19, 2011
- Congress influencing police: Ashok Argal - Sep 06, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: BJP MP booked; bail pleas of three put off - Oct 03, 2011
- Cash-for-vote case: Police file another charge sheet - Apr 30, 2012
- Gadkari meets jailed party colleagues in Tihar - Oct 31, 2011
- Make me cash-for-vote scam witness, not accused: Kulkarni - Oct 01, 2011
- Cash-for-votes case: Amar Singh, five others chargesheeted - Aug 24, 2011
- Bid to target ex-MPs in cash-for-votes scandal: Naidu - Sep 10, 2011
- Cash-for-votes scam: Bail pleas of Kulkarni, two others, to be heard Oct 13 - Oct 07, 2011
- Cash-for-votes scam: Amar Singh, three others summoned - Aug 25, 2011
- Cash-for-vote the scandal of century: BJP (Lead) - Sep 06, 2011
- Cash-for-vote: Cops furnish CD transcripts to accused - May 26, 2012
Tags: argal, ashok, august 7, bharatiya janata party, bribes, chandra, cnn, cnn ibn, currency notes, deo, deposition, fagan, kishore, Lok Sabha, mahavir, panel chairman, parliamentary committee, sting operation, television channel, trust vote