BJP-JDS alliance parades 125 MLAs before President Patil(Lead:BJP-JDS)November 14th, 2007 - 8:36 am ICT by admin
Forty-five JD (S) and 80 BJP MLAs met Patil to demonstrate their right to be called to form a coalition government in Karnataka.
Chief Ministerial candidate Yeddyurappa and former Chief Minister and JD (S) leader H D Kumaraswamy together conveyed to the President that the combine has majority in the State Assembly.
Senior BJP leaders Venkaiah Naidu and Yashwant Sinha accompanied the group.
Four JDS MLAs — H D Revanna, Merajuddin Patel, B C Patil and Putte Gowda — stayed away citing personal reasons.
On October 29, both the BJP and the JD (S) paraded 129 MLAs in front of Karnataka Governor Rameshwar Thakur.
Meanwhile, the Karnataka Governor submitted his report on the political situation in the State to the Union Home Ministry.
President’s Rule was imposed in the State on October 9 after the BJP withdrew support to its coalition with the JD (S) due to differences over the transfer of Chief Ministership as per the power-sharing agreement inked in 2005.
Three weeks after a bitter public spat, both parties came together deciding to form the next coalition in the State under B S Yeddyurappa’s leadership. (ANI)
- BJP appeals to Patil against president's rule in Karnataka (Lead) - May 17, 2011
- Yeddyurappa 'compliments' Bhardwaj for helping unite BJP - May 17, 2011
- BJP lawmaker elected Karnataka deputy speaker amid uproar - Jan 11, 2011
- Congress undecided on disrupting Karnataka house - Jan 03, 2011
- Deve Gowda family has amassed Rs.1,500 crore assets: BJP (Lead) - Jun 28, 2011
- Yeddyurappa leaves for Karnataka, to meet Bhardwaj - May 18, 2011
- Congress shies from demanding Karnataka government's sack - May 16, 2011
- BJP takes Karnataka battle to Delhi - May 16, 2011
- Kannada writer takes on Hema Malini in Rajya Sabha polls - Feb 21, 2011
- Kumaraswamy plans fast over illegal wealth charges - Jun 30, 2011
- BJP appeals to Patil against president's rule in Karnataka - May 17, 2011
- Opposition forces governor to abandon speech, Yeddyurappa cries foul (Lead) - Jan 06, 2011
- BJP parades MLAs, governor defends action (Roundup) - May 17, 2011
- Congress, JD-S protest BJP move to suspend their legislators - Jan 14, 2011
- PM won't take any undemocratic decision: Yeddyurappa (Lead) - May 17, 2011
Tags: bjp leader, bjp leaders, chartered flight, chief ministership, coalition government, inked, jd, jds, karnataka, patil, power sharing, president, putte, union home ministry, venkaiah naidu, yashwant sinha