BJP-JD (S) MLAs to meet President Pratibha PatilNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:32 am ICT by admin
Meanwhile, former Chief Minister and JD-S leader H D Kumaraswamy, has told reporters in Mysore that his party MLAs would join the BJP and present themselves before the President.
Karnataka Governor Rameshwar Thakur has also arrived here and is expected to apprise the Central government about the political situation in Karnataka.
The BJP has been critical of Thakur for not inviting Yediyurappa to form the government.
According to sources, the Governor has outlined the chronology of events since the fall of the JDS-BJP Government headed by H D Kumaraswamy.
The various antics adopted by the BJP to pressurise the Governor for inviting it to form government, besides the opinion of legal and constitutional experts on the BJP’s claim to form the government, have been mentioned in Thakur’s report.
Newspaper cuttings and Congress letters to the Governor, have also been appended to the report.
Meanwhile, Congress spokesperson Jayanthi Natarajan has said that a BJP-JD(S) coalition would be “inherently unstable.” It is an “unnatural alliance,” which was a “complete perversion and subversion of the Constitutional process,” she added.
President’s Rule was imposed in the State on October 9 after the BJP withdrew support from its coalition with the JD (S) due to differences over the transfer of Chief Ministership as per the power-sharing agreement inked in 2005.
Three weeks after a bitter public spat, both parties came together deciding to form the next coalition in the State under B S Yediyurappa’s leadership. (ANI)
- Deve Gowda family has amassed Rs.1,500 crore assets: BJP (Lead) - Jun 28, 2011
- Yeddyurappa: Clerk to chief minister to undertrial No.10462 - Oct 16, 2011
- BJP says Congress, JD-S encouraged mining mafia in Karnataka - May 09, 2011
- Caste-based religious leaders muddy BJP power struggle (Karnataka Newsletter) - Mar 25, 2012
- Politicians' illegal mining links leave Karnataka battered (Lead News Analysis) - Jul 22, 2011
- Files on Congress, JD-S corruption missing: Yeddyurappa - May 02, 2011
- Three Karnataka ex-CMs named in mining scam FIR - Dec 08, 2011
- BJP demands Krishna's resignation over illegal mining - Dec 09, 2011
- Caste-dominated politics still rule in IT land Karnataka (Letter from Bangalore) - Nov 22, 2010
- 'Dissenting legislators united, will not succumb to any pressure' - Oct 08, 2010
- Yeddyurappa wants to buy our silence over graft: JD-S - Jun 16, 2011
- Karnataka crisis: Fresh talks with dissidents MLAs in Goa - Oct 08, 2010
- Karnataka Governor briefs Shivraj Patil about Karnataka situation - Nov 14, 2007
- BJP, new Karnataka CM Shettar face tense days (News Analysis) - Jul 17, 2012
- Rebel Karnataka MLAs' major issues sorted out: Naik - Oct 09, 2010
Tags: apprise, bjp government, bjp leader, chartered flight, chief ministership, coalition, congress, constitutional experts, inked, jayanthi, jd, karnataka, newspaper cuttings, power sharing, pratibha patil, president