BJP expected to pull out of Jharkhand Government todayMay 24th, 2010 - 12:56 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi / Ranchi, May 24 (ANI): Frustrated over the Jharkahnd Mukti Morcha (JMM) backtracking from the power-sharing deal in Jharkhand, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is expected to pull out of the coalition government in the state on Monday.
According to BJP Jharkhand spokesman Sanjay Seth, a delegation of the party MLAs led by Deputy Chief Minister Raghuvar Das would call on state Governor M O H Farrooq around 11 a.m. to convey its decision.
The delegation would hand over letter of withdrawal of support from the Government.
On Sunday, the party decided to withdraw support to the Soren led Government.
The BJP’s decision would lead the state into another spell of political crisis.
On Saturday, Soren had said he was weighing all options, including a deal with the Congress to continue in power.
The Congress is, however, adopting a wait and watch approach on the issue.
The JMM and the BJP have 18 MLAs each and the Soren Government has the support of two Janata Dal (United) legislators and five from the All Jharkhand Student’s Union (AJSU), besides two others in the 82-member Assembly.
The Congress has 14 MLAs, Jharkhand Vikas Manch (JVM) has 11 MLAs and the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) has five MLAs. (ANI)
- BJP set to form government in Jharkhand - Sep 07, 2010
- Cabinet approves revocation of President's rule in Jharkhand - Sep 09, 2010
- BJP's Arjun Munda sworn in as Jharkhand CM for the third time - Sep 11, 2010
- Advani upset over coalition with JMM in Jharkhand - Sep 10, 2010
- Hectic parleys continue as stalemate over Govt. formation in Jharkhand continues - May 31, 2010
- Jharkhand Rajya Sabha poll underway, JVM-P stays away - May 03, 2012
- BJP's Arjun Munda to take oath as Jharkhand CM on Sept. 11 - Sep 09, 2010
- Jharkhand's Rajya Sabha poll could leave Munda shaky - May 01, 2012
- President's rule imposed in Jharkhand - Jun 01, 2010
- BJP backtracks, votes for JMM candidate - Mar 30, 2012
- BJP's Arjun Munda to take oath as Jharkhand CM today - Sep 11, 2010
- Parliament approves President's rule in Jharkhand - Jul 29, 2010
- Pranab campaigns in Jharkhand, Lalu, Paswan also pitch in - Jul 12, 2012
- BJP opts out of Jharkhand coalition, Soren in minority - May 24, 2010
- Shibu Soren to decide JMM's stand on presidential poll - Jun 24, 2012
Tags: backtracking, bharatiya janata party, coalition government, delegation, deputy chief minister, jvm, legislators, may 24, member assembly, mukti, New Delhi, political crisis, ranchi, rjd, s union, sanjay, seth, soren, spokesman, state governor