BJP demands inquiry into Srinagar cleric’s killingApril 15th, 2011 - 12:22 am ICT by ANI
Srinagar, Apr 14 (ANI): Condemning the killing of Islamic cleric Maulana Showkat Ahmad Shah, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Thursday demanded an inquiry to unearth the ‘conspiracy’ and the identity of the perpetrators of the attack.
Slamming the conspirators behind the killing, senior BJP leader Rajnath Singh, who is presently leading a six-member party delegation to Jammu and Kashmir, lauded Shah’s role in promoting humanitarian values.
“I would like to say that we condemn the killing of Showkat Shah. The BJP condemns his killing. Shah’s remarkable contribution to the realm of education, health and humanity is unforgettable. We demand an inquiry into his killing. The entire conspiracy behind his murder, as well as the perpetrators of the act must come to light,” he told a press gathering here.
Maulana Showkat Ahmad Shah, who was the President of Jamiat Ahle-Hadees, was assassinated outside a Srinagar mosque last Friday.
Calling Jammu and Kashmir the ‘crown of India,’ Singh urged people of Kashmir to cooperate with the delegation in resolving the decades-old conflict.
“We have sent an invitation to everyone. We are appealing everyone to cooperate with us. We request them to initiate dialogue with us. Please talk to us, please cooperate with us. Jammu and Kashmir is the crown of India and let us enhance its glory. This is my humble request to everyone,” said Singh.
BJP spokespersons Ravi Shankar Prasad and Maya Singh and senior party leaders Shahnawaz Hussian, K. K. Jain and P. Natha are a part of the delegation led by Rajnath Singh, which is on a four-day visit to the state to understand the problems faced by the people and prepare a road map for Jammu and Kashmir. (ANI)
- BJP leaders visit Kashmir's Hazratbal shrine - Apr 14, 2011
- Three arrested for Maulana Showkat killing (Lead) - Apr 16, 2011
- Kashmir Valley residents despondent, confused after cleric's assassination - Apr 09, 2011
- Omar condemns religious leader's assassination - Apr 08, 2011
- Panchayat elections not a referendum on Kashmir issue: Omar - Apr 14, 2011
- Omar visits family of slain cleric - Apr 09, 2011
- BJP parliamentary delegation to visit Jammu and Kashmir - Apr 09, 2011
- Who killed Maulana Shaukat Ahmed and why? - Apr 10, 2011
- 3 arrested for Maulana Showkat killing - Apr 16, 2011
- Kashmir Jamiat-e-Ahlihadith movement has grown - a profile - Apr 08, 2011
- Thousands join funeral of slain Kashmiri religious leader - Apr 08, 2011
- Kashmir cleric opposing stone throwing killed in blast (Roundup) - Apr 09, 2011
- BJP delegation visits J-K to take stock of situation - Apr 13, 2011
- People anguished at Maulana Showkat's murder: Mirwaiz - Apr 22, 2011
- Kashmir cleric's killing: Ahlihadith appeals for peace, calls meet - Apr 11, 2011
Tags: ahle hadees, ahmad shah, bharatiya janata party, bjp demands, bjp leader, conspirators, humanitarian values, humble request, jammu and kashmir, k k jain, kashmir, member party, natha, party leaders, perpetrators, prasad, rajnath singh, ravi shankar, remarkable contribution, spokespersons