BJP calls for shutdown of Jamshedpur todayNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:19 am ICT by admin
The Congress and the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) have supported the shutdown call.
The protestors, including business community will wear black badges.
The shutdown is being held to mount pressure on the Madhu Koda Government to arrest the killers.
On Friday, Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda directed the police to nab the culprits at the earliest.
According to sources, Dey had been receiving extortion threats over for last few months.
Sreeleathers has showrooms across the country including Kolkata, Jamshedpur and Delhi, and in the US. The chain is run by the Dey family and a conglomeration of dealers all over the country. (ANI)
- Businessman murder: Shutdown affects normal life in Jamshedpur - Nov 14, 2007
- Resentment in JMM over Rajya Sabha candidate - Apr 18, 2012
- Three sentenced to life for killing shoe baron - Sep 21, 2011
- Three convicted for killing shoe baron - Sep 17, 2011
- JMM to contest Jamshedpur Lok Sabha seat - Apr 01, 2011
- BJP refutes JMM's power rotation claim - Jul 09, 2011
- Mumbai journalist's funeral in afternoon - Jun 12, 2011
- Grateful Jharkhand gives Shibu Soren house for life - Nov 25, 2010
- Kishenji's death not good for country: Shibu Soren - Dec 02, 2011
- With RS horse trading reports, Jharkhand in news for wrong reasons - Mar 31, 2012
- Prominent winners and losers in Jharkhand assembly polls - Dec 23, 2009
- Around 50 percent voting in Jharkhand bypoll - Jul 01, 2011
- Chavan reviews probe into journalist's murder - Jun 12, 2011
- Injured Munda, jailed Koda vote in presidential poll - Jul 19, 2012
- Congress, JMM seek review of cancellation of RS poll - Mar 31, 2012
Tags: badges, bjp, business community, chief minister, conglomeration, culprits, dey, extortion threats, gunned down, jamshedpur, jharkhand mukti morcha, jmm, koda, kolkata, madhu, mukti, nab, protestors, showrooms, shutdown