BJP-BJD alliance splitsMarch 7th, 2009 - 11:35 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 7 (ANI): The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Biju Janata Dal (BJD) alliance in Orissa split over differences in seat-sharing.
The alliance broke when BJD insisted on contesting from more Lok Sabha seats in Orissa.
BJP had dispatched its leaders Chandan Mitra and Dharmendra Pradhan to hold discussion with the state party leaders.
Since 1998, the BJD has been contesting 84 Assembly and 12 Lok Sabha seats while BJP has fielded candidates in 63 Assembly and nine Lok Sabha constituencies.
The Orissa State Assembly polls will be held along with the general elections on April 16 and 23.
BJD chief and Orissa Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik had on Thursday said a decision on continuing the alliance with the BJP would be taken some days. (ANI)
- BJP offers BJD 25 more seats in Orissa - Mar 06, 2009
- BJP, BJD split in Orissa - Mar 08, 2009
- BJP rules out poll pact with BJD - Oct 31, 2011
- Sangma arrives in Odisha to seek support - Jul 15, 2012
- BJD, BJP part ways in Orissa (Lead) - Mar 08, 2009
- BJP parts ways with BJD, withdraws support to Patnaik government (Second Lead) - Mar 08, 2009
- Naveen Patnaik rules out supporting Congress - Mar 07, 2011
- Congress never cared for poor but enriched itself, says Gadkari - Jan 17, 2011
- BJD to abstain in vice-presidential poll - Aug 05, 2012
- Patnaik yet to make up mind on joining NDA rally - Dec 09, 2010
- Naveen Patnaik re-elected BJD chief - Jan 23, 2010
- BJD refuses to join NDA rally - Dec 15, 2010
- Patnaik leaves for Delhi to back Sangma - Jun 27, 2012
- Pranab in Odisha to seek support - Jul 11, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik sworn in as Orissa Chief MinisterNaveen Patnaik sworn in as Orissa Chief Minister - May 21, 2009
Tags: bharatiya janata party, biju, bjp, chief minister, dharmendra, general elections, lok sabha constituencies, lok sabha seats, mitra, naveen patnaik, New Delhi, orissa state, party leaders, state assembly polls