BJD government to take charge in Orissa todayMay 21st, 2009 - 11:29 am ICT by ANI
Bhubaneshvar, May 21 (ANI): The Biju Janata Dal leader and Orissa Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik will take the oath of office at 11.30 a.m on Thursday marking his third inning as CM.
“I have been invited to form the government by Governor M C Bhandare,” said Patnaik, who called on the governor at the Raj Bhavan on Wednesday.
Patnaik held discussion with the Governor Bhandare for about 25 minutes.
In the recently held State and Lok Sabha elections, the Naveen Patnaik-led BJD registered a thumping victory. In the State Assembly elections, it won 103 of the 147 seats.
However, in the Lok Sabha elections, which the BJD contested without its former alliance partner BJP for over a decade, the party won 14 of the 21 Lok Sabha seats in the state. (ANI)
- BJD government to take charge tomorrow in Orissa - May 20, 2009
- Naveen Patnaik sworn in as Orissa Chief MinisterNaveen Patnaik sworn in as Orissa Chief Minister - May 21, 2009
- Patnaik to take oath as Orissa chief minister Thursday - May 20, 2009
- Sangma to campaign in Odisha July 15 - Jul 06, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik is Sangma's proposer for president's poll (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Presidential election: Sangma's son meets Patnaik - Jun 26, 2012
- Odisha protests neglect in railway budget - Mar 15, 2012
- Patnaik leaves for Delhi to back Sangma - Jun 27, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik suspends Mohapatra, drops two ministers - Jun 01, 2012
- Sangma arrives in Odisha to seek support - Jul 15, 2012
- BJD to abstain in vice-presidential poll - Aug 05, 2012
- BJD to field Dilip Tirkey for Rajya Sabha - Mar 16, 2012
- Pranab in Odisha to seek support - Jul 11, 2012
- Patnaik slams petrol price hike - Nov 05, 2011
- Naveen Patnaik re-elected BJD chief - Jan 23, 2010