BJD gives three Lok Sabha, 17 assembly seats to CPI, CPM and NCPMarch 28th, 2009 - 10:08 pm ICT by ANI
Bhubaneswar, Mar 28 (ANI): The Biju Janata Dal (BJD) on Saturday announced to campaign the upcoming elections jointly with the Communist Party of India (CPI), Communist Party of India- Marxist (CPM) and Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), and allotted three Lok Sabha and 17 assembly seats to these parties.
The BJD chief and Orissa Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said that his party aimed to hold joint rallies with these parties.
The CPM, CPI and NCP will contest from the Sundergarh, Jagatsinghpur and the Balasore parliamentary constituencies respectively.
CPM will field its candidates from four assembly seats - Bonai, Nilgiri, Jaleswar and Khurda, while CPI would contest from Chhatrapur, Sanakhemundi, Champua, Brajrajnagar and Soro assembly seats.
Saraskana, Rairangpur, Badchana, Narla, Talsara, Begunia, Dhenkanal and Sambalpur seats have been allotted to the NCP.
Elections to the Orissa assembly will be held along with the general election. (ANI)
- NCP withdraws support to BJD in Orissa - Dec 29, 2010
- Vote for party's Rajya Sabha candidates, BJD tells legislators - Jun 13, 2010
- BJP to abstain from Rajya Sabha poll in Orissa - Jun 06, 2010
- Govt.'s move to allow more FDI in agri sector will hurt farmer's interests: Karat - Apr 01, 2011
- Turncoats in demand as parties scramble for candidates (Reissuing with correction in paragraph 13th) - Apr 10, 2009
- Turncoats in demand as parties scramble for candidates - Apr 10, 2009
- Biju Janata Dal fields three for Rajya Sabha poll - Jun 04, 2010
- Congress faces setback in Andhra, Trinamool wins UP bypoll (Roundup) - Jun 15, 2012
- BJP rules out poll pact with BJD - Oct 31, 2011
- BJD leaves 3 Lok Sabha, 17 assembly seats for allies - Mar 28, 2009
- Patnaik files poll papers in Orissa - Mar 28, 2009
- Poll campaign gains momentum in Kerala - Mar 31, 2011
- Mamata vows to wipe out CPI-M in Burdwan - Dec 06, 2010
- NCP seeks disqualification of four Odisha legislators - Jul 10, 2012
- Ruling BJD wins Odisha bypoll - Dec 04, 2011
Tags: assembly seats, bhubaneswar, biju, chief minister, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, cpm, general election, Lok Sabha, nationalist congress party, naveen patnaik, ncp, orissa, parliamentary constituencies, rallies, sambalpur, soro, upcoming elections