BJD gives list of 76 MLAsMarch 8th, 2009 - 9:43 pm ICT by ANI
Bhubaneswar, Mar 8 (ANI): Biju Janata Dal chief and Orissa Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Sunday claimed support of 76 MLAs.
Orissa Governor M. C. Bhandare has asked Patnaik to seek a vote of confidence in a special assembly session on March 11.
There will be a vote of confidence in the state assembly on March 11 during a special session, Patnaik told reporters here.
According to the party sources, 59 BJD MLA accompanied the Chief Minister to the Rajbhavan.
Four MLAs, one each from the CPIM, CPI and two of the NCP, four from JMM, seven Independents also accompanied the chief minister.
On Saturday night, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders met Orissa Governor M. C. Bhandare to intimate him its decision to pull out from the government.
The party also demanded Presidents rule in the state.
BJP leader Biswa Bhusan Harichandan said that the Governor had assured the BJP delegation that he would take appropriate steps at the right time.
The BJP leader claimed that the people of Orissa have voted for the alliance, not for Naveen Patnaik or the Biju Janata Dal.
Harichandan also said that Patnaik has betrayed the people of Orissa by breaking the alliance. (ANI)
- Patnaik slams petrol price hike - Nov 05, 2011
- BJP rules out poll pact with BJD - Oct 31, 2011
- BJD seeks fringe parties support to save government - Mar 08, 2009
- Sangma arrives in Odisha to seek support - Jul 15, 2012
- Odisha protests neglect in railway budget - Mar 15, 2012
- Patnaik yet to make up mind on joining NDA rally - Dec 09, 2010
- Naveen Patnaik sworn in as Orissa Chief MinisterNaveen Patnaik sworn in as Orissa Chief Minister - May 21, 2009
- Naveen Patnaik suspends Mohapatra, drops two ministers - Jun 01, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik rules out supporting Congress - Mar 07, 2011
- Sangma to campaign in Odisha July 15 - Jul 06, 2012
- BJD activists protest railways' neglect of Orissa - Mar 15, 2011
- BJD refuses to join NDA rally - Dec 15, 2010
- Patnaik leaves for Delhi to back Sangma - Jun 27, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik suspends Mohapatra, drops two ministers (Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- BJD government to take charge tomorrow in Orissa - May 20, 2009
Tags: assembly session, bharatiya janata party, biju, bjp leaders, chief minister, CPI, cpim, delegation, independents, jmm, march 11, mlas, naveen patnaik, ncp, orissa, party sources, right time, special session, state assembly, vote of confidence