Bipasha Basu dazzles at Kolkata fashion weekApril 5th, 2009 - 7:27 pm ICT by ANI
Kolkata, Apr 5 (ANI): Bollywood actress Bipasha Basu on Saturday walked ramp on the third day of ongoing Kolkata Fashion Week (KFW) here.
Basu, dressed as quintessential Bengali bride, stole the show with her showstopper act for fashion designer duo Mona-Pali.
“What I love about this particular outfit tonight is it has the essence of our culture. At the same time it is very modern. It is for the modern Indian women. We are using the artistry, which is from our roots, but at the same time we are presenting the Indian women in various shades. I am very happy with the kind of work people are doing,” Basu said.
Designer duo Mona-Pali showcased eclectic mix of Indian culture combine with contemporary silhouettes and textures based on Indian art and craft traditions.
Another Bollywood actor Sagarika Ghatke of the Bollywood movie ‘Chak De India’ fame, walked the ramp for designer Soumitra Mondal.
Soumitra’s collection was very much inspired by Indian art, culture and textile. He used fine cotton, linen, rich traditional silk and hand woven fabric for his work.
The theme of the KFW has been ‘Return to Roots’ in tune with the United Nation’s Food and Agricultural Organisation declaring 2009 as the ‘International Year of Natural Fibre’.
The KFW focuses on the cultural heritage of Bengal region, especially that of the handloom weavers.
At least 35 of the country’s top models will sashay down the ramp during the four-day show that concludes on Sunday. (ANI)
- No need to look beyond Indian crafts, say designers Mona-Pali (With Images) - Aug 26, 2011
- A mix of nature, fashion at bridal week show - Nov 01, 2010
- Monapali's Kolkata store robbed - Jun 17, 2010
- New Puja wardrobe: Jeggings, maxis, gowns - Oct 04, 2011
- I remember walking the ramp in a lehenga: John Abraham - Feb 08, 2010
- Monapali's tribal creations captivate Kolkata Fashion Week - Sep 12, 2009
- Kolkata's first fashion week begins Thursday - Apr 01, 2009
- Pearl Delhi Couture Week To Start Today - Jul 20, 2010
- Saris, kurtas preferred wear during Durga Puja - Oct 14, 2010
- Kolkata Fashion Week at par with Delhi, Mumbai events: Minissha Lamba - Sep 12, 2009
- Bridal collection, Bollywood dominated DCW (Review) (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- Mix of colours, contrast and bling at WIFW - Oct 09, 2011
- Item songs inspired Rohan Arora's footwear line (With Images) - Aug 06, 2012
- Kolkata fashion week promotes weavers, but faces hurdles (Review) - Sep 15, 2009
- Clothes real stars at Delhi Couture Week (Review) - Jul 26, 2010
Tags: agricultural organisation, art and craft, bengal region, bipasha basu, bollywood actor, bollywood actress, cotton linen, craft traditions, cultural heritage, fashion designer, fashion week, handloom weavers, indian art, indian culture, indian women, kfw, mondal, natural fibre, top models, woven fabric