Bill on Prevention of Money Laundering introduced in Rajya SabhaOctober 17th, 2008 - 4:53 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 17 (ANI): A Bill on the Prevention of Money Laundering (Amendment) was introduced in the Rajya Sabha today.
The bill is aimed at incorporating provisions in the existing law to combat financing of terrorism. It also introduces a new category of offences, which have cross border implications.
Under the bill, the Enforcement Directorate will be empowered to search the premises immediately after the offence is committed and the police has filed a report under the Code of Criminal Procedures.
It will also enable the Central Government to return the confiscated property to the requesting country in order to implement the provisions of the United Nation’’s convention against corruption. The bill was enforced in 2005 to prevent money laundering and to provide for attachment, seizure and confiscation of proceeds of crime obtained or derived, directly or indirectly from money laundering. (ANI)
- Bill introduced to tackle bribery by foreigners - Mar 25, 2011
- Key bills expected in parliament's winter session (To go with parliament Curtain Raiser) - Nov 20, 2011
- Government unveils 31 bills for passing, 23 for introduction - Nov 16, 2011
- Prevention of Torture Bill to meet UNCAT standards: Govt. - Aug 11, 2010
- No policy paralysis in government, stresses Chidambaram (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- List of bills on monsoon agenda (To go with parliament curtain raiser) - Jul 31, 2011
- Bharti Airtel under ED scanner for money laundering - May 15, 2012
- Supreme Court stays Hasan Ali's bail (Second Lead) - Aug 16, 2011
- 2G case: Court notice to government on property attachment - Feb 22, 2012
- Bansal says disruptions in parliament against true spirit of democracy - Mar 25, 2011
- Cabinet clears amendments to money laundering bill - Jun 05, 2008
- Cabinet clears amendments to money laundering act (Lead) - Jun 06, 2008
- Himachal to seize illegal assets of officials - Aug 30, 2011
- High court orders probe in Amar Singh's financial affairs - May 20, 2011
- Replace rape with sexual assault, cabinet proposes - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: central government, confiscation, corruption, enforcement directorate, money laundering, new category, New Delhi, offence, premises, prevention, proceeds of crime, provisions, rajya sabha, seizure, terrorism, united nation