Bill, Melinda Gates meet Health Minister Azad, discuss issues relating to polio vaccinationMarch 22nd, 2011 - 4:48 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 22 (ANI): Software billionaire Bill Gates and his wife Melinda, who co-chair the international philanthropic organisation Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, called on Union Health and Family Welfare Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad here on Tuesday.
Issues relating to immunization programme, pentavalent vaccine, polio vaccination efforts, HIV control and capacity building were discussed during the meeting held in Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
During the meeting, Bill Gates appreciated the efforts made by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare in containing the polio and HIV cases and noted that intensification of efforts for eradicating Polio are very evident by the 2010 figures now available.
He offered that his Foundation would be happy to help with comprehensive family planning services as the Ministry would deem fit.
Azad thanked the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for extending help in bringing about innovations in health, development and learning to the Indian community.
The Minister also urged the Gates to continue their support for the fourth phase of the National AIDS Control Programme so that the momentum of the programme is maintained. (ANI)
- Azad meets Bill, Melinda Gates - Mar 22, 2011
- Gates praises India for containing polio - May 31, 2012
- Azad, Bill Gates discuss ways to strengthen health scenario in India - Jul 24, 2009
- India can meet budget for its AIDS programmes: Azad - Dec 01, 2011
- A new 'Gate-way' for India's Africa diplomacy - May 31, 2012
- Bill Gates to meet Akhilesh - May 29, 2012
- Hyderabad foundation gets $100,000 grant for polio vaccine - May 10, 2012
- A year of no polio: India triumphs, but risks remains - Jan 11, 2012
- Bill Gates to visit India this week - Mar 21, 2011
- India to support global polio eradication: Azad - Feb 26, 2012
- A year of no polio: India triumphs, but risks remains (Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
- Over 17 crore kids get polio vaccine - Feb 19, 2012
- Bill Gates discusses polio, other health related issues in Pakistan with Zardari - Apr 07, 2011
- Polio under control but India aims at eradication: Azad - Oct 23, 2011
- Number of polio cases radically down: Azad - Dec 02, 2010
Tags: aids control, bill and melinda gates, bill and melinda gates foundation, bill gates, bill melinda gates, family planning services, fourth phase, ghulam nabi azad, health development, health minister, hiv cases, hiv control, melinda gates foundation, ministry of health and family welfare, national aids, philanthropic organisation, polio vaccination, software billionaire, vaccination efforts, wife melinda