Bihar needs 25000 crore rupees for rehabilitation workSeptember 15th, 2008 - 9:32 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sept 15 (ANI): The Chairman of Special Task force on Bihar Dr. S C Jha today said that flood affected districts of the States need an assistance of 25000 crore rupees for rehabilitation work.
While addressing a press conference in New Delhi he said, In addition to Central assistance, the State also requires help from international donors like World Bank and Asian Development Bank.
Dr. Jha said flood has affected about three million people in the state and extensive efforts are required to rebuild the region.
India should start a dialogue with Nepal to chalk out a long term strategy on river system, as Nepal is the central origin of main rivers flowing through India, he added.
Around 25 lakh people of Bihar have been rendered homeless due to the worst ever floods caused by the Kosi river.
The flooding, the worst in 50 years, was caused after the Kosi River breached a dam in Nepal. This unleashed huge waves of water that smashed mud embankments downstream in Bihar. (ANI)
- Rising Kosi floods dozens of Bihar villages - Jul 05, 2012
- Bihar floods worsen, over 100 villages inundated - Jul 04, 2011
- Bihar flood situation grim as all rivers rise - Jul 07, 2011
- Will there be another Kosi disaster? - Nov 29, 2010
- Over half a million hit by Bihar floods - Jul 06, 2011
- 'In Bihar, floods are a man-made menace' - Aug 25, 2011
- More embankments to control floods in Bihar - Jul 05, 2011
- Four years later, Kosi flood victims fight for survival - Aug 20, 2012
- Nepal on vigil as rains lash 'Bihar's sorrow' Kosi - Jun 30, 2011
- Fear of floods back in Bihar - Jul 01, 2011
- 1.5 million affected in Bihar floods - Aug 22, 2011
- Floods render thousands homeless in Bihar - Aug 21, 2011
- Nearly 100 Bihar villages flooded, rivers rising - Jul 02, 2011
- Thousands flee as Gandak breaches embankments (Lead) - Sep 16, 2010
- Flood waters enter over 1,000 Bihar villages - Aug 20, 2011
Tags: asian development bank, central assistance, crore rupees, dialogue, flood, floods, huge waves, international donors, jha, kosi river, lakh, mud, nepal, New Delhi, rehabilitation work, rivers, special task force, term strategy, waves of water, world bank