Bihar Jagriti Manch protests against animated movies on Lord HanumanDecember 27th, 2007 - 8:08 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Dec 27 (ANI): Members of the Bihar Jagriti Manch, a Hindu organisation, took to the streets here today to protest against the making of animated films based on Hindu Gods, particularly Lord Hanuman.
The protestors shouted slogans against the censor board, the ruling Congress party and demanded action against those connected with the making of the cartoon film, Hanuman Returns.
Anurag Kashyap is the director of the film.
Hanuman Returns is in bad taste. We want the Central Government to ban all movies that project Gods and Goddesses as cartoons. We want that everyone connected with such movies should be taken to the court,” said Robin Sharma, a protestor.
The protestors demanded that such movies should be banned.
Kashyap, the director of ‘Black Friday’ — based on the 1993 Mumbai bombings — and ‘No Smoking’, has made a foray into animation movies with the ‘Return of Hanuman’.
Kashyap’s “Return of Hanuman”, which opens in theatres by this month-end, is a sequel to the popular animation film “Hanuman”.
The film portrays Lord Hanumans come back to earth to save people from the destructive forces of nature. (ANI)
- My film is not for kids, says Anurag Kashyap - Jun 06, 2012
- 'Bal Hanuman 4' ready for release (With Images) - Apr 02, 2012
- 'Bal Hanuman 2' sure to give you a headache (IANS Film Review) - May 16, 2010
- Anurag Kashyap Eager To Make Gulaal 2 - Aug 28, 2010
- Toonz Animation sets up merchandising division - Oct 29, 2010
- We suffer prejudices in Bollywood: Ekta Kapoor - Jul 03, 2012
- Osian's film fest back with rare, bold films - Jul 11, 2012
- It's true, I will direct 'Dabangg' sequel: Arbaaz - Mar 03, 2011
- 'Shanghai' best film, Dibakar best director: Kashyap - Jun 01, 2012
- Luthria to jazz up 'Once Upon...2' with flamboyance, music - Feb 20, 2012
- Making 3D film is difficult: 'Bal Ganesh' director (With Images) - Jun 22, 2011
- Finally 'Chittagong' set for release - Nov 23, 2011
- In Cannes with three films, Kashyap thrilled but nervous - May 18, 2012
- 'Gangs of Wasseypur' set for world premiere at Cannes - Apr 24, 2012
- Now, film on Sunburn festival - Feb 29, 2012
Tags: 1993 mumbai bombings, animated films, animation film, bad taste, black friday, cartoon film, central government, congress party, destructive forces, foray, forces of nature, gods and goddesses, hindu gods, kashyap, lord hanuman, New Delhi, protestor, protestors, robin sharma, slogans