Bihar govt. doctors on two-day strikeFebruary 7th, 2008 - 3:26 pm ICT by admin
Patna, Feb 7 (ANI): About 4,200 Bihar Government doctors have struck work for two days strike from midnight Wednesday to protest against the State Government’s failure to meet their long pending demands.
Agitating under the aegis of the Bihar State Health Services Association (BSHSA), the doctors are demanding central pay, specialist cadre, restoration of health directorate’s power, and perks and allowances at par with central government doctors.
According to a BSHSA spokesman, the strike has hit 25 district hospitals, 70 referral hospitals, 23 sub-divisional hospitals, 533 primary health centres and 1,259 additional primary health centres.
All 3000 medical officers and about 1200 contractual doctors have also joined the stir.
The BSHSA has threatened to go on indefinite strike from February 21 if their demands are not met.
Doctors of state’s medical college hospitals — Patna Medical College Hospital, Nalanda Medical College Hospital, S K Medical College Hospital, A N Magadh Medical College Hospital, J N Medical College Hospital and Darbhanga Medical College Hospital - - are not on strike.
Meanwhile, the state’s Health Minister Chandramohan Rai said that additional arrangements are being provided to patients in government hospitals.
“The government was prepared to accept all the demands provided the agitating doctors swore affidavit promising not to continue private practice. The government will also provide non-practising allowance to them ,” Rai said.
Besides, Rai said the government proposes to raise a special police battalion for the protection of doctors. (ANI)
- Bihar medicos divided on private practice by government staff - May 24, 2011
- Babus' interference in health sector angers Bihar's doctors - Sep 10, 2012
- Junior doctors end 14-day strike in Bihar - Jun 28, 2012
- Bihar's junior doctors end strike; legislator surrenders - Feb 04, 2011
- Bihar doctors go on a day's strike to protest lynching - May 31, 2011
- Bihar junior doctors' strike claims over two dozen lives - Feb 02, 2011
- Bihar junior doctors on strike, legislator's guards held (Lead) - Jan 31, 2011
- Doctors' strike continues in Bihar - Feb 01, 2011
- Encephalitis claims five more lives in Bihar, toll 230 - Jun 24, 2012
- Haryana government doctors cease work - Nov 08, 2011
- Bihar, Uttar Pradesh battle to contain deadly encephalitis outbreak (Roundup) - Jun 16, 2012
- Seven prisoners booked for lynching doctor in Bihar (Lead) - May 30, 2011
- RJD legislator surrenders in Bihar court - Feb 04, 2011
- Hundreds of Bihar junior doctors strike work - Jan 31, 2011
- Seven prisoners booked for lynching doctor in Bihar - May 30, 2011
Tags: aegis, bihar state, central government, chandramohan, darbhanga, district hospitals, government doctors, government hospitals, health centres, health directorate, health minister, indefinite strike, medical college hospital, medical officers, nalanda, police battalion, primary health, referral hospitals, special police, state health