Bihar Congress ticket fraud: Wasnik under fireDecember 20th, 2010 - 4:39 pm ICT by ANI
By Sitesh Dwivedi
Burari (New Delhi), Dec. 20 (ANI): The final day of the three-day 83rd plenary of the All India Congress Committee (AICC) on Monday saw Congress workers and leaders from Bihar demanding action against the party general secretary in charge of the state, Mukul Wasnik, for allegedly selling tickets meant for deserving candidates who wanted to contest the recently held assembly polls.
Congress president Sonia Gandhi is said to have chaired a meeting of state Congress leaders this afternoon in an attempt to get to the bottom of the issue.
Congress workers from Bihar rocked proceedings at Monday’s plenary session. They staged a demonstration in front of Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh, and shouted slogans against Wasnik for selling tickets and ignoring the party’s real workers and leaders in Bihar.
Gandhi gave state party leaders and workers time to express their views. A group of disgruntled workers went around the Burari complex circulating posters that showed Wasnik, and two secretaries Sagarika and Imran Kidwai selling tickets.
There was also a huge drama during the prime minister’s speech when party MP Kamal Kishore was involved in a scuffle with some officials of the Special Protection Group (SPG). (ANI)
- Sonia Gandhi appoints three drafting bodies for Burari AICC Plenary Session - Dec 10, 2010
- Bihar Congress workers accost state in charge Wasnik over poll results - Dec 19, 2010
- No problem between Sonia Gandhi, PM: Congress spokesman - Dec 14, 2010
- Sonia names new working committee, makes changes in key states (Second Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- Sonia rejigs Congress Working Committee (Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- RSS similar to Hitler's Nazi troops: Digvijay Singh - Dec 19, 2010
- PM, Sonia to use chopper to reach party plenary venue - Dec 14, 2010
- I am scared to lose Amethi: Rahul - Dec 19, 2010
- Sonia-led procession to herald Congress plenary - Dec 19, 2010
- Bihar Assembly polls: Sonia Gandhi chairs CEC meeting to decide candidates - Sep 22, 2010
- Congress, Russia's ruling party to exchange experiences - May 28, 2012
- Delhi readies to host its sixth Congress plenary - Dec 12, 2010
- Congress rules out alliance in Bihar in future - Nov 24, 2010
- Congress workers's views must be heeded: Sonia - Dec 19, 2010
- Congress likely to make top level party changes in Bihar - Nov 25, 2010
Tags: aicc, assembly polls, bihar, congress leaders, congress president sonia gandhi, congress workers, deserving candidates, dr manmohan singh, general secretary, imran, india congress committee, kamal kishore, kidwai, manmohan, manmohan singh, party leaders, plenary session, sagarika, special protection group, state congress