Bigfoots hoax body up for sale on ebayOctober 14th, 2008 - 12:39 pm ICT by ANI
Canberra, Oct 14 (ANI): The hoax body of Bigfoot, which was found to be a Halloween costume made of rubber, has been put on sale by eBay, complete with the basement freezer it was kept in.
According to a report by Fox News, the hoax came into being after two Georgia residents, Matthew Whitton and Rick Dyer, recently claimed that they had discovered the frozen corpse of a Bigfoot.
But, Tom Biscardi, owner of a Bigfoot exploration website, decided to get under the skin of things, and hired a self-described Sasquatch detective Steve Kulls to solve the mystery.
He sent Kulls to a secret location apparently Muncie, Indiana to check out the specimen. But, what Kulls found at the location failed to impress him, and after elaborate analysis, he declared the body to be a fake.
Now, paranormal entrepreneur Joshua P. Warren, from North Carolina, claims to be selling the original rubber Halloween costume on eBay, complete with the basement freezer it was kept in.
According to Warren, hes working with Dyer and Whitton, who claimed, for a while at least, to have shot and/or found the corpse in the forest.
Warren, who e-mailed FoxNews.com directly with news of the auction, claims on the eBay page that the costumes being sold to settle financial problems created by the hoax.
With bids currently around 55,000 US dollars, the highest bidder will get the rubber costume with non-organic parts replacing the roadkill guts, the freezer, legal paperwork to prove its authenticity and a personal visit from Dyer and Whitton.
For 450 dollars, one can simply buy the same costume Dyer and Whitton used, minus the entrails, paperwork, freezer and personal appearance.
Its not the first time someones made money from an eBay auction related to the hoax. Someone in California sold a duplicate head for 600 dollars in late August. (ANI)
- Bigfoot hoax body sold for 250,000 dollars on eBay - Oct 18, 2008
- Bigfoot hoaxers resurface, lay blame on California promoter - Aug 22, 2008
- Bigfoot discovery in US revealed to be a hoax! - Aug 20, 2008
- Hoax interview puts Bigfoot discovery in doubt - Aug 15, 2008
- Olympic Torch sold for over £150,000 on the auction site eBay - May 22, 2012
- Bigfoot press conference - Aug 16, 2008
- eBay bans the auction of date with Virgin Mary - Dec 07, 2011
- Photo, video, DNA, Georgian men prove Bigfoot - Aug 16, 2008
- Purported Bigfoot discovery met with disbelief in US - Aug 16, 2008
- Three men claim discovery of Bigfoots body in US - Aug 13, 2008
- Jobless Brit man tries to sell skills on eBay without setting minimum bid - Sep 30, 2010
- Man Dressed as Bigfoot Killed - Aug 28, 2012
- Ashton Kutcher's 'mistress' puts his 'morning after' sweater on sale - Dec 21, 2010
- Anderson to auction her car to raise funds - Jan 14, 2012
- eBay slammed with $3.8-billion lawsuit - Jul 15, 2010
Tags: bigfoot, ebay, ebay auction, fox news, freezer, georgia residents, guts, halloween costume, hes, highest bidder, joshua p warren, late august, legal paperwork, personal appearance, personal visit, rick dyer, roadkill, secret location, tom biscardi, whitton