Bigfoot hoaxers resurface, lay blame on California promoterAugust 22nd, 2008 - 2:43 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, August 22 (ANI): Bigfoot hoaxers Rick Dyer and Matthew Whitton have resurfaced and are laying the blame of the fraud on Tom Biscardi, the California promoter who trotted them out for a nationally televised press conference on August 15th.
The hoax came into being after the Georgia residents, Rick Dyer and Whitton, recently claimed that they had discovered the frozen corpse of a Bigfoot.
But, Tom Biscardi, owner of the website www.searchingforbigfoot.com , decided to investigate the claim and hired a self-described Sasquatch detective Steve Kulls to get under the skin of things.
After an elaborate analysis, Kulls found that the body of the Bigfoot was nothing but a Halloween costume, made of rubber.
Now, according to a report by Fox News, Dyer and Whitton told two Atlanta TV stations that the entire affair was a joke that got out of hand.
I just wanted to put out some good news. People are upset with the war and stuff whats so bad about Bigfoot? Nobody got hurt, said Dyer.
It got into something much bigger than it was supposed to be, said Whitton. It started off as just some You Tube videos and a Web site, he added.
Though Biscardi has accused Dyer and Whitton of running off with the 50,000 dollars advance he gave them a week ago and plans to sue them, the hoaxers have blamed him for the fraud.
They have hired a prominent defense lawyer and have also briefly posted a video on You Tube, arguing that Biscardi knew all along that the Bigfoot body was bogus.
We have proof, said Dyer. Not proof of Bigfoot we have proof of everything, and thats whats gonna come out in the next couple of days, he explained. (ANI)
- Bigfoot discovery in US revealed to be a hoax! - Aug 20, 2008
- Bigfoots hoax body up for sale on ebay - Oct 14, 2008
- Bigfoot hoax body sold for 250,000 dollars on eBay - Oct 18, 2008
- Three men claim discovery of Bigfoots body in US - Aug 13, 2008
- Hoax interview puts Bigfoot discovery in doubt - Aug 15, 2008
- Photo, video, DNA, Georgian men prove Bigfoot - Aug 16, 2008
- Purported Bigfoot discovery met with disbelief in US - Aug 16, 2008
- Bigfoot press conference is on - Aug 16, 2008
- Bigfoot press conference hit by dissonance - Aug 17, 2008
- Man Dressed as Bigfoot Killed - Aug 28, 2012
- Find Bigfoot in Northern Georgia - Aug 13, 2008
- Bigfoot press conference - Aug 16, 2008
- North Carolina Man Claims To Have Come Across Bigfoot - Jun 19, 2010
- US man claims to have filmed legendary Bigfoot - Mar 25, 2011
- Superstitious beliefs more common than thought - Oct 30, 2010