Bigfoot hoax body sold for 250,000 dollars on eBayOctober 18th, 2008 - 2:00 pm ICT by ANI
According to a report in Fox News, the hoax came into being after two Georgia residents, Matthew Whitton and Rick Dyer, recently claimed that they had discovered the frozen corpse of a Bigfoot.
But, Tom Biscardi, owner of a Bigfoot exploration website, decided to get under the skin of things, and hired a self-described Sasquatch detective Steve Kulls to solve the mystery.
He sent Kulls to a secret location apparently Muncie, Indiana to check out the specimen.
But, what Kulls found at the location failed to impress him, and after elaborate analysis, he declared the body to be a fake.
Paranormal entrepreneur Joshua P. Warren, from North Carolina, put the original rubber Halloween costume on eBay for sale; complete with the basement freezer it was kept in.
The winning bidder put up 250,203 dollars by the end of the auction, which closed on October 17.
Neither of them are going to make a penny off of this auction, said Warren, referring to Whitton and Dyer.
Warren also said that Tom Biscardi wouldnt get any of the auction money.
My arrangement is with the people who control the body. Money from this auction is going to hopefully resolve the legal conflicts, he added.
Warrens eBay auction page explains that the animal parts have since been replaced with non-organic materials.
The winner will get the rubber costume with non-organic parts replacing the roadkill guts, the freezer, legal paperwork to prove its authenticity and a personal visit from Dyer and Whitton.
As for the existence of the mythical Bigfoot, Warren said, I really do not believe that there is a physical, biological 800-pound ape-like organism running around out there in North America.
There is no biological basis for that, he added.
As for this particular hoax, Warren said, Id be lying if I said I wasnt hoping it was real when I heard two guys had found a body. But once again it was not to be true. (ANI)
- Bigfoots hoax body up for sale on ebay - Oct 14, 2008
- Bigfoot discovery in US revealed to be a hoax! - Aug 20, 2008
- Bigfoot hoaxers resurface, lay blame on California promoter - Aug 22, 2008
- Man Dressed as Bigfoot Killed - Aug 28, 2012
- Three men claim discovery of Bigfoots body in US - Aug 13, 2008
- Purported Bigfoot discovery met with disbelief in US - Aug 16, 2008
- Bigfoot press conference is on - Aug 16, 2008
- Hoax interview puts Bigfoot discovery in doubt - Aug 15, 2008
- Photo, video, DNA, Georgian men prove Bigfoot - Aug 16, 2008
- Lady Gaga's nude portrait up for auction on eBay - Dec 15, 2011
- Olympic Torch sold for over £150,000 on the auction site eBay - May 22, 2012
- Bigfoot press conference - Aug 16, 2008
- eBay bans the auction of date with Virgin Mary - Dec 07, 2011
- Obama's Chrysler 300 up for sale - Jan 27, 2012
- Anderson to auction her car to raise funds - Jan 14, 2012
Tags: auction money, auction website, biological basis, ebay, fox news, freezer, georgia residents, halloween costume, joshua p warren, legal conflicts, legal paperwork, online auction, organic materials, personal visit, rick dyer, roadkill, secret location, tom biscardi, warrens, whitton