Big B invites public criticism over Metro train route remarksAugust 31st, 2010 - 10:43 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Aug.31 (ANI): Mumbai residents on Tuesday criticized Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan for his comments posted on his blog on the Mumbai Metro route on Tuesday (August 31).
On his blog, Bachchan has stated that the noise generated by the Metro train, when it becomes operational, would breach his privacy. The new Mumbai Metro route will run next to his home “Prateeksha”.
Bachchan’s latest views, however, were not welcomed this time by many of the local Mumbaiites, as they have to bear with traffic snarls everyday.
“One should always think about facilitating the public. Matter of his privacy is a different thing but common man is first,” said Vijay Goswami, a resident.
Maharashtra’s Home Minister R R Patil said easing traffic congestion should get priority over personal difficulties.
“I haven’t read the blog yet, but I would only say that beside thinking about self one should think about the society as well. Thinking about the common man is very necessary. Traffic in Mumbai is increasing day by day and if the infrastructure remains the same then one day it would be difficult for to step out on the road one day. Today every person wastes almost 5 to 6 hours on the road travelling. There is a need to develop the infrastructure and whenever such steps are taken it is bound to cut off people’s privacy,” he said.
However, Bachchan’s close friend and former Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh came to his rescue.
“Amitabh Bachchan has full right to express his views regarding the breach of his privacy,” Amar Singh stated. (ANI)
- Patil criticises Bachchan's Metro woes - Aug 31, 2010
- Break in at Bachchan home (Lead) - Jul 22, 2012
- Break in at Big B's house - Jul 22, 2012
- Why Big B sneaked into his house? - Jan 02, 2012
- Delhi Metro attracts filmmakers for shooting, promotion - Dec 31, 2011
- Big B delighted to shoot with Sridevi after 18 years - Jul 19, 2011
- Aishwarya Chooses Privacy Over Million Dollar Deal - Sep 07, 2010
- Big B recreates 'My name is Anthony Gonsalves' - May 08, 2012
- I welcome changes being seen in Mumbai: Amitabh Bachchan - Sep 01, 2010
- Beti B quiet and cooperative, says 'Paa' Abhishek - Nov 22, 2011
- Innovative Manmohan Desai introduced vanity vans: Big B - Apr 29, 2012
- Harried commuters turn to Metro to escape traffic snarls - Sep 27, 2010
- Celebrities have responsibilities: Big B - Jun 29, 2012
- Traffic woes continue for Delhiites (Roundup) - Sep 28, 2010
- On dad's 9th death anniversary, Big B misses him - Jan 18, 2012
Tags: amar singh, amitabh bachchan, blog, common man, home minister, infrastructure, metro route, party leader, personal difficulties, priority, public criticism, public matter, Samajwadi Party, traffic congestion, traffic snarls, train route