Bhopal tense after vandalization of Ambedkar statueNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:40 am ICT by admin
They alleged that Bhola Ram attacked the statue in a drunken state of mind.
Police had to resort to baton charge to stop the people from pelting stones on Bhola Ram. Eight policemen and four people were injured in the baton charge.
Bhola Ram and his family were rescued by the police.
Police have registered a case against 400 people, while Bhola Ram has been arrested. (ANI)
- Bhopal tense after vandalization of Ambedkar statue (Lead-Bhopal) - Nov 14, 2007
- Clashes over desecration of Ambedkar statues - Jan 23, 2012
- Three held for desecration of Ambedkar statues in Andhra (Lead, With corrections in paras 10, 11) - Jan 28, 2012
- Three held for desecration of Ambedkar statues in Andhra - Jan 28, 2012
- UP officials not taking Akhilesh seriously: BSP - Jul 30, 2012
- 20 injured as lawyers, officials clash - Mar 01, 2011
- Six injured in clash between locals and cops in Bikaner - Mar 19, 2012
- Protest over damage caused to Ambedkar statue - Apr 14, 2011
- Four injured as villagers clash with police - Feb 20, 2012
- Bhopal survivors beaten back from rail blockade - Dec 03, 2011
- Praja Rajyam Party legislators protest baton charge on social activists in Hyderabad - Dec 06, 2010
- Five injured in communal clash - Aug 25, 2011
- Six injured as villagers clash with police - Mar 05, 2012
- Shrine blaze triggers tension in Srinagar (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Bhopal survivors block rail tracks, call off stir (Lead) - Dec 03, 2011