Beyonce Knowles denies being behind Destiny’’s Child splitNovember 7th, 2008 - 1:25 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Nov 7 (ANI): Pop star Beyonce Knowles has finally spoken out about the controversial split of pop group Destiny’’s Child, insisting that she’’s not to be blamed for the break-up.
The Bootilicious star came under attack after her band members LeToya Luckett and LaTavia Roberson left the group and filed suit against the group’’s manager and Knowles” father, Matthew, claiming favouritism, in 1999.
The 27-year-old singer said that she became an easy target before she and bandmate Kelly Rowland rose to superstardom with new member Michelle Williams.
“It was definitely difficult because I was so young and my father was my manager and the group was like family. I felt like, what are we gonna do? We weren”t making any money yet, Contactmusic quoted her, as saying.
“I was the lead singer, so I got the blame… That was the first time I had to deal with rumours and people attacking me.
I was an 18-year-old kid, so I didn”t understand it was just a part of this life and it wasn”t personal. I didn”t have a thick skin yet.
I was so embarrassed and wanted to defend myself and please everybody,” she added.
The Destiny’’s Child trio eventually parted ways in 2005. (ANI)
- Beyonce says she was depressed at 19 - Dec 02, 2008
- Beyonce almost had a nervous breakdown after her career took off - Nov 07, 2008
- Beyonce will no longer be managed by her father - Mar 29, 2011
- Kelly Rowland's embarrassing moment - Oct 08, 2011
- Rowland wants to protect Knowles' baby - Apr 20, 2012
- Kelly Rowland suffers wardrobe malfunction - Aug 09, 2011
- I love Gaga, she's most talented: Beyonce - Jul 27, 2011
- Knowles inspires Ora - Aug 13, 2012
- Kelly Rowland says she's ready to have babies - Jul 25, 2010
- Rowland nervous about reunion with dad - Dec 10, 2011
- Rowland wants to speak to estranged dad - Aug 17, 2011
- Rowland wants to babysit for Beyonce - Dec 08, 2011
- Former Destiny''s Child member Luckett to make film debut - Dec 24, 2008
- Kelly would be a good mum: Beyonce - Oct 23, 2011
- Kelly Rowland in no mood to follow in Beyonce's 'designing' footsteps - Jul 14, 2009
Tags: band members, beyonce, beyonce knowles, bootilicious, destiny s child, easy target, father matthew, favouritism, kelly rowland, latavia roberson, lead singer, michelle williams, money, new member, pop group, pop star, rumours, thick skin