Belgium King on 10 day visit to India (Update)November 3rd, 2008 - 5:55 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Nov 3 (ANI): King of Belgium Albert II arrived in New Delhi today on a ten day State visit to India.
Economic and academic relationship between Belgium and India are expected to get a major boost during the visit of King Albert.
A series of commercial agreements between Belgian and Indian companies will be signed during the visit.
Queen Paola, Foreign Minister Karel De Gucht and high-level business and academic delegation including CEOs of key Belgian companies and top officials of universities of the European nation will accompany the King.
The King will meet President Pratibha Devisingh Patil and hold discussions with Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh on Tuesday.
The universities of India and Belgium will ink strategic memoranda of understanding to create a framework for more intensive people to people relations.
A Belgian Embassy statement said that the State visit by the King and the Queen of Belgium will reinforce and deepen the long standing and excellent relations between India and Belgium.
During his visit, the King will also attend a seminar of Climate Change and Eco Technologies at The Energy Research Institute (TERI) and meet R K Pachauri and J P Van Ypersele, chairman and vice-chairman of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
He will also visit Mumbai, Hyderabad and Chennai during his stay in India. (ANI)
- King of Belgium arriving today - Nov 03, 2008
- Belgium King given ceremonial reception in New Delhi - Nov 04, 2008
- Belgian King pays obeisance at Bangla Saheb shrine in New Delhi - Nov 05, 2008
- Belgian king to visit India Nov 3 - Oct 25, 2008
- TERI's Pachauri gets Mexican humanitarian award - Jun 18, 2012
- India to sign nuclear deal with Belgium - Nov 10, 2008
- Belgian king's discovery of India begins Monday - Nov 01, 2008
- India, Belgium trade to go beyond diamonds - Dec 12, 2010
- Pachauri backs green building technologies - Jan 16, 2012
- India, Belgium boost ties, call for new financial order - Nov 05, 2008
- Pachauri's links with Reliance Industries raises eyebrows - Feb 08, 2010
- Deloitte India to Co- host Indian-Belgian bio-pharma forum - Nov 05, 2008
- Pressure mounting for Rajendra Pachauri to resign as IPCC head - Sep 23, 2010
- Gurdwara raid casts shadow on Belgian king's visit to India (Lead) - Nov 02, 2008
- Gurdwara raids cast shadow on Belgian king's visit to India - Nov 02, 2008
Tags: academic relationship, albert ii, belgian companies, belgian embassy, ceos, commercial agreements, dr manmohan singh, energy research institute, foreign minister, hyderabad, intergovernmental panel on climate change, karel de gucht, king and the queen, king of belgium, level business, manmohan, manmohan singh, memoranda of understanding, pratibha devisingh patil, vice chairman