Beheading of Sikhs “most barbaric,” says S M KrishnaFebruary 22nd, 2010 - 7:48 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 22 (ANI): External Affairs Minister S M Krishna on Monday condemned the beheading of two Sikhs in Pakistan calling it “the most barbaric” incident and said India will take up the matter with Pakistan during upcoming Foreign Secretary level talks.
Two Sikhs were beheaded by Pakistan based Taliban militants in Khyber and Orakzi areas near Peshawar.
Interacting with the media outside the Parliament Krishna, said: ‘Pakistan must ensure the safety of minorities,’
“We are in touch with the Indian High Commission in Islamabad and are looking into the matter. We will bring up the issue with Pakistan,” he added.
The Foreign Secretary level talks between India and Pakistan would start here on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, Punjab Government demanded the Union Government to intervene to ensure safety for Sikhs in the restive tribal region in Pakistan.
“The government should not sleep in this matter. Life of Sikhs should be protected,” Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said in Chandigarh. (ANI)
- SGPC, Punjab government condemn Sikh beheading in Pakistan - Feb 22, 2010
- After beheading, Pakistani Sikhs want to flee to India (Roundup) - Feb 22, 2010
- Beheading of Sikh condemned by Pakistan, India (Intro Roundup) - Feb 23, 2010
- Beheading of Sikh in Pakistan condemned in India (Lead) - Feb 22, 2010
- India condemns 'barbaric' beheading of Sikh in Pakistan - Feb 22, 2010
- India condemns abduction of Hindu, beheading of Sikh in Pakistan - Feb 24, 2010
- India should talk to Pakistan over Sikh beheading: Congress - Feb 22, 2010
- MPs' team meets PM over Sikh's beheading by Taliban (Lead) - Feb 23, 2010
- Two Sikhs kidnapped in Pakistan rescued - Mar 01, 2010
- American Sikhs approach US to ensure Pak-Sikhs' safety - Mar 03, 2010
- Punjab leaders call for safety of Sikhs in US (Lead, correcting para six) - Aug 06, 2012
- Pakistan asked to take strict action against these responsible for Sikh beheading - Feb 22, 2010
- Punjab leaders call for safety of Sikhs in US - Aug 06, 2012
- Sikhs protest beheading of Sikhs in Pakistan - Feb 23, 2010
- Save Maharaja Ranjit Singh's haveli in Pakistan, Badal urges PM - Jul 17, 2012
Tags: badal, deputy chief minister, external affairs minister, india and pakistan, indian high commission, indian high commission in islamabad, khyber, krishna, militants, minorities, New Delhi, parliament, sikhs in pakistan, sleep, taliban, union government